URGENT!!! Bacon limping

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
I noticed bacon was sitting down most of the time and looking really sad last night. She is usually pretty energetic and always following me around I thought she was still tired from the night before (took her trick or treating).

Didn't notice much this morning since we are always in the rush for school and work. But during lunch when my wife came home to let her out she noticed that she was limping and not putting pressure on her back right leg.
I came home early to check up on her and she is limping and not wanting to put pressure on her right back leg. Even when she sits or lay down she does so with her left side.
Call the Vet but they don't have time for her until tomorrow. Should I take her to ER?

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Did you check her paw? she might have gotten something stuck or a small cut, maybe split or broke a nail??? Vegas pulled both leg muscles within the last 6 months. I laid him down did range of motion (bending hip, knee, ankle) all was working fine, ended up taking him in, he got a cortisone shot in his leg, nothing more than a pulled muscle. I had to keep him off furniture and from jumping around for the next 3 days. I would not really go to the ER, wait and go to the vet, she is obviously Ok until tomorrow. Keep her rested though, no jumping or running. Keep us updated please. :)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
Did you check her foot pad maybe during the walking around trick or treating she stepped on something?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I would keep her as quiet as possible..no walks, no jumping, no playing! If after a week she still is favoring it OR she seems to be in pain...take her to your vet. Please let us know!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I don't think you have to take him to ER, if you can get him into your own vet tomorrow. On my Bulldozers second day with us, he jumped out of my arms in the front yard and rolled onto the grass, he yelped so bad, the sound pierced the air, all my neighbours came running out. Because it was in the evening my vet was closed so I called the Emergency Vet. They told me that it wasn't necessary to bring him in to the emerg, that it could wait until the morning, and see our own vet. I just kept an eye on him, and I put a pillow beside me on my bed, he slept beside me. In the morning he was still favouring that back leg, and was not even walking on it. I took him to the vet as soon as it was opened. They did an X-ray and thank goodness it wasn't broken, just bruised. I thought at first it was his hip, but it turned out it was the top of his paw that he fell on, and bruised. They sent him home with a pain medication, and after 4 days he was walking fine. If bacon is still walking on it but favouring/limping on it, then it's probably fine to wait one day. Is he whining or wimpering? Does he seem to be in pain? If not just keep him quiet, and don't let him walk to much on his leg until you see the vet tomorrow. I massaged Dozers' leg and that seemed to calm him down. Do you know how he did it? Did he jump from a high place, or fall maybe? Hope everything turns out ok, and he feels better soon. Keep us posted.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I would keep her as quiet as possible..no walks, no jumping, no playing! If after a week she still is favoring it OR she seems to be in pain...take her to your vet. Please let us know!

^^^^^ agreed!

OP
Loves Bacon

Loves Bacon

Aug 21, 2012
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
She did not so anything unusual. The vet called us back and was able to see her. They gave us an anti inflammatory and instructed us to bring her Monday if her condition did not improve. The vet thinks it may just be pulled muscle.
But we feel so bad because we can tell the there is definitely something wrong. She doesn't move like she used to. As she haven't even moved at all in the car while driving when she is usually all over us during the drive.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351901949.209202.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1351901976.448035.jpg

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.