URGENT!!! Lola ate a battery!

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Good thing it wasnt an Energizer battery otherwise Lola would just keep going and going and going.....................

FYI how did you make her barf?

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Just got back! They did an x-ray just to make sure but they didnt see anything. I put the battery in a bag and took it with me but it doesnt look like anything leaked out but there are bite marks where she tried to chew crazy Lola! Her tongue looks fine and she isnt in any pain. Im glad I saw her with it and knew what it was and got it out of there fast or I would have a sick bully! The vet told me that if it leaks out inside of them it can cause serious damage and can be fatal so just a warning to anyone seeing this!

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I put my finger down her throat tell she gagged it took a couple times before she threw up though glad I had training as a mother or else I wouldnt know how to do that! lol

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I fed my 2 guys tonight and my little Miss Piggy Blossom who can never seems to get enough food lol, finished hers in record time, and then tried to eat her brother Dozers' food, when I didn't let her, she ran out to the living room, and jumped up on my grandson, who was having a snack of Cherrios and milk and a banana. She grabbed his banana , peel and all and just inhaled it, then she started to devour his cereal . I stopped her and put her in the crate. I hope she doesn't get sick, although it is a banana and peel, it is organic, and she should be able to digest it. But maybe she will throw it up because she didn't really chew it very well. Poor Kaden all he could say was Grandma, can I please have some more cereal. Lol

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Bulldogs will swallow anything im convinced! I dont know how they can swallow things and not choke or gag!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Bulldogs will swallow anything im convinced! I dont know how they can swallow things and not choke or gag!
I never had dogs that like to eat things like Wilson and Emma do. Did you see my post in the health section of what Emma swallowed last month?

If you want there's still time to post your story and I'll incorporate it into the article I'm finalizing. If you have a picture of the battery, include that too.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Just got back! They did an x-ray just to make sure but they didnt see anything. I put the battery in a bag and took it with me but it doesnt look like anything leaked out but there are bite marks where she tried to chew crazy Lola! Her tongue looks fine and she isnt in any pain. Im glad I saw her with it and knew what it was and got it out of there fast or I would have a sick bully! The vet told me that if it leaks out inside of them it can cause serious damage and can be fatal so just a warning to anyone seeing this!

She got sooo lucky! Please please share you story. :)

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Ok do you have a link on where to post the story?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I put my finger down her throat tell she gagged it took a couple times before she threw up though glad I had training as a mother or else I wouldnt know how to do that! lol

[MENTION=5334]Heff102[/MENTION]

should you ever need to induce vomiting.... hydrogen peroxide -- I believe it is 1cc to ever pound

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Thank you so much, I was wondering how you got her to throw up! I wouldn't have thought this would work.....
will be thinking of you tonight, hopefully all is well. Xo

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Glad everything worked out, and you were able to make her throw up, I didn't know you could do that. She didn't bite you ??

OP
sweetpeasmom2008

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
she tried to bite but she knows not to bite me so she set tried closing her mouth on my hand. I didnt know you could do it either but it works with kids so I tried it. My 4 year old when she was a baby swallowed a pill and that all i knew to do then I took her to the ER so I thought it was worth a try but let me tell you, you have to put your hand pretty far down their throat and their tongue will fight you but it eventually will work!

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
And I thought kids were bad eating pennies... Glad you got that battery out!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: man that is scary I'm glad she got it out Franklin just ate one of my earrings it was a very little hoop an I think he :poo: it out but that scared me I couldn't imagine a battery I hope everything is ok

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.