Help Needed! Skin infection(possibly)

Tlomrtony

Nov 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Koko
Hello all bully lovers...

Recently just got my little Koko and got her a little late due to that she had running nose (cold) before she was shipped to me. My breeder said it was because of the weather change and did not want to ship her to me yet incause it was something else and that they didn't want her to get stress also because of the location switch as well so we waited for two weeks before getting since they had her on some meds as well. They breeder also told me that her left eye was watery and running as well quick caused some infection to her skin around her eyes from being wet also.

Her running has stopped and I do t k ow if her eye is getting better or not cause I didn't see her when she was with the breeder but he did give my some meds to put on her for another week or so to help out.

Has anyone had this problem before? Should I be concer or is it just your regular cold season....

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Have you taken her to your vet for a checkup since you got her? If not, I suggest you do. Not only to protect her, but sadly, there are breeders out there who are less than honest. By having her checked out, you might be able to stay on top of what is going on. I do know, respitory infections and the like cn be very serious for bulldogs. I will get a couple others here to give you more help. The irritation around the eyes is probably due to the drainage,

[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]..[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION]..[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]..[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

OP
Tlomrtony

Tlomrtony

Nov 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Koko
We have a check up on Tuesday and just wanted some input. It seems like its going down but idk either.

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=6639]Tlomrtony[/MENTION] , where did she come from? Was she shipped to you by plane? First you need to take her to the vets as soon as you can so that she can get a good exam. She will need vaccinations and her eye needs to be examined. I hope you are also planning on getting her spayed in the future. You cant be to cautious when it comes to a bulldog puppy as one small thing can become a big one quickly.
Also what are you feeding her??

OP
Tlomrtony

Tlomrtony

Nov 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Koko
[MENTION=1710]LisaMarie[/MENTION] she came from a kennel in Akansa MO out of some show champions line. I have already set up an appointment to see the vet on Tuesday. When I got her she was on Royal Canine dog for which I have planned to switch her to Orijen dog food the blue bag of free run chicken & turkey with fish n whole eggs(or so that's what it says in the bag)

OP
Tlomrtony

Tlomrtony

Nov 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Koko
And yes she came to me by plan..

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
@LisaMarie she came from a kennel in Akansa MO out of some show champions line. I have already set up an appointment to see the vet on Tuesday. When I got her she was on Royal Canine dog for which I have planned to switch her to Orijen dog food the blue bag of free run chicken & turkey with fish n whole eggs(or so that's what it says in the bag)

Just keep in mind that many..many Bully's are allergic to chicken! My Jake included! It might take a few tries to find the right food for her! Let us know what your vet says!

OP
Tlomrtony

Tlomrtony

Nov 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Koko
Now I'm thinking I should switch her flavor to a different flavor Orijen. Any flavor u recommend

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Now I'm thinking I should switch her flavor to a different flavor Orijen. Any flavor u recommend

You know..I am not familiar with that brand..but let's get [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION] to give you her opinion!! She helped me find one for Jake. She knows about all the different brands. I went to a beef protein because most Bully's do okay on that...but I have since changed to a Bison one. She will have ideas for you!

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I hope she gets better soon Franklin is 6 months an I'm still trying to find a good food for him he can't have grain he has really bad tear stains on salmon chicken makes him have diarrhea an a yeast infection so my next food is Fromm four star beef just order it it will be here in a week so fingers crossed good luck with your new baby

OP
Tlomrtony

Tlomrtony

Nov 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Koko
:butterfly: I hope she gets better soon Franklin is 6 months an I'm still trying to find a good food for him he can't have grain he has really bad tear stains on salmon chicken makes him have diarrhea an a yeast infection so my next food is Fromm four star beef just order it it will be here in a week so fingers crossed good luck with your new baby

Thanks and I will keep you updated. Which brand of Fromm did you order???

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Lots of folks are having good results (myself included) with Earthborne Hollistic. We're a no chicken household so the Great Plains feast works for us. We order from PetFlow.com as they support English Bulldog News!

OP
Tlomrtony

Tlomrtony

Nov 1, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Koko
Lots of folks are having good results (myself included) with Earthborne Hollistic. We're a no chicken household so the Great Plains feast works for us. We order from PetFlow.com as they support English Bulldog News!

Thabks!! Might have to give that a shot as well.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: it's in the four star line beef frittata I talked my local pet store to get the four star line they have the gold but Franklin can't eat that so it should be here in a week. A lot of people here have their dogs on it an say that their dog's are great on it so I hope it works for me ill let you know how it goes

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.