Need to put very elderly English Bull Dog to sleep ...

OP
T

takeitslow911

Mar 21, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
I just had a chance to call the vet and the lady said that they would need to, by law, do a physical examination on her before they could determine that putting her to sleep is the last thing available to do for her. When I called originally and asked about the price of putting her to sleep she didn't tell me that. The exam is $51 she said, plus the cost of putting her to sleep. You can call them and talk to her yourself, but I am waiting until monday morning to talk to the vet and see if he will wave that fee for me. He wasn't there today for me to ask.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Just wanted to say I think it's great your helping out. Also I cannot believe they charge for an exam too?! How rude!

Last edited:
OP
T

takeitslow911

Mar 21, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
That's what I thought !! I argued with the lady for about a half hour about it. I told her I didn't understand why a 13 year old dog that obviously is past her time and has issues would need an exam to determine if there isn't something they could do for her. I really hope this person helps me and her out with this.

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Yes, obviously the baby is ready for his place in the sky. No physical exam needed! What, do they want to be sure he is healthy before they put him down? I am willing to bet the vet would be able to take one good look at him without doing a full exam to determine it is his time. Hopefully he will waive the fee.

OP
T

takeitslow911

Mar 21, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
I am hoping so. I think it is just another way for them to get more money out of people. I don't see having to do a full medical exam on a dog that needs to be put to sleep is going to benefit anyone, but the vet's pocket. I doubt they do full medical exams on any of the dogs at the animal shelter before they put them to sleep and those are healthy, young dogs !!

OP
T

takeitslow911

Mar 21, 2010
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco
I haven't heard anything back from Hedrick, so I am not sure if they decided not to help me ? If you did, could you please let me know so I could start looking for a different solution.

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
I got some information on this today, I sent it to you and hedrick, please check your private messages.

:)

Attachments

• IMAG0064.jpg
    IMAG0064.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 98
  • P9070134.jpg
    P9070134.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 89
  • uploadfromtaptalk1315491543628.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1315491543628.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 99

Most Reactions