Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bacon

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Default Bacon

so bacon had the episode last night see sandy check in feed, he's been good w the puking but we just put him to bed and he's gagging in his sleep I keep waking him up and hr drops back into snore and repeat

Adding the original quote from the other post....
    Checking in no power or heat for 6-12 days plenty of firewood. Bacon had a gagging vomiting episode at 4am got up this morning and he was still gagging Jen got him to the town vet not out normal one(can't get there) they gave him a water shot and metronidazole he looks like a little hunchback. Gerry rigged a generator off my car using an inverter to power fridge Fishtank and freezer
    Last edited by cali~jenn; 11-01-2012 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Adding in the other post

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

The only thing I can think is its something coming from heating the house w the fireplace, it's a low to the ground gas and he is getting a bunch gonna head into the cold with him if you have other ideas please let me know gonna have phone with me

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Not natural gas it's a wood fireplace ahhhh freaking out

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bacon

Oh no! I've been MIA! What is wrong with our Bacon? I will try to find the old thread! I'm so sorry!!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baconator View Post
    Not natural gas it's a wood fireplace ahhhh freaking out

Is it smoky?? I would be worried too. Maybe some lemon juice squirted in his throt. It will cut through mucus and phlegm. Jeez..I hope he is ok.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Here is the originalpost about bacon. had a hard time finding it so added itin....

Checking in no power or heat for 6-12 days plenty of firewood. Bacon had a gagging vomiting episode at 4am got up this morning and he was still gagging Jen got him to the town vet not out normal one(can't get there) they gave him a water shot and metronidazole he looks like a little hunchback. Gerry rigged a generator off my car using an inverter to power fridge Fishtank and freezer

My only thought would be as he maybe eaten anything he shouldn't have? My pups gag fromtimeto time with no cause but if it is something you r worrying about maybe he ate something he needs to grow up? Is he just gagging or is he also throwing up randomly? Hope he is doing better!! Hugs to you guys!!!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Also mugsy just was doing a gagging earlier when I got home. Not a first. He was over excited, had eaten some carrots. Think that both combined caused carrot to inhale into the wrong spot or something. Could this be something you r experiencing? Just trying to help but I know I am probably off.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Not sure at this point I left to go to work in the city 'cause my office was down, he was gagging a little when I left and Jen moved his crate up on to the pullout bed to get him off the floor. This entire experience has been a total nightmare. Hopefully when the sun comes up she can get him outside a little if it isn't too cold, but there is a boil water advisory by us now that I heard about on the way to work and have no way of getting in touch with Jen so I have neighbors going over to let her know. I'm just freaking out(slightly) about the health of my boo bear.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Awww....poor lil' Bacon! I'm sure you're worried sick.

Getting him outside for some fresh air will do wonders for him and your wife.

I would try that lemon juice....perhaps the smoke of the fireplace is irritating his throat? I know it does mine and I'm a pack a day smoker. (I know. I know.)

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Vicaroo1000 View Post
    Awww....poor lil' Bacon! I'm sure you're worried sick.

Getting him outside for some fresh air will do wonders for him and your wife.

I would try that lemon juice....perhaps the smoke of the fireplace is irritating his throat? I know it does mine and I'm a pack a day smoker. (I know. I know.)
    I'll give the lemon juice a shot when I get back home, also a smoker so I hear ya.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

I can only advise lemon juice too. Hope it helps. Will be watching for an update.

Lucy-licious

Lucy was sick a while ago and for a few days afterwards kept gagging and making a noise as though she wanted to clear her throat...It cleared after a few days but I too was really worried. @BruceP clamed me down a little when he suggested maybe it was because her throat got hurt when she was sick...which does kinda make sense cos sometimes my throat hurts if I've been sick quite suddenly..thye gastric juices can burn it a bit on their way up. I'd continue to keep him up above the main smoke from your fire and maybe if possible wet his food for a few days so its softer and won't scrape.

Rmemeber he can sense your panic though so take a few deep breaths and give him a big hug when you get home and tell him everything will be just fine

Thinking of you all and hope things get better soon

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads