URGENT!!! Bacon

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Just hoping things are better. I'm so sorry for all you guys are dealing with. Living in earthquake country, it's amazing how unprepared I feel right now. :hug:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
maybe if possible wet his food for a few days so its softer and won't scrape.

Rmemeber he can sense your panic though so take a few deep breaths and give him a big hug when you get home and tell him everything will be just fine :hug:

Thinking of you all and hope things get better soon :hug::kiss3::hug:

I already give wet food so I didn't even think of this; GREAT CALL.

She's right; confident, positive energy will help little Bacon -- and you -- deal with this.

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Bacon is doing well he's in psycho mode running around the back yard in the last of the light for today a little coughing/gagging this morning when he was all snotted up but we let him sleep with us last night on the pullout and I think the good night of sleep helped he's housing his food but not drinking water which he did in the past on the bland diet so we've been leaving the rice really wet so he can get his hydration that way. Signing off to save phone juice, we will check back in tomorrow

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bacon is doing well he's in psycho mode running around the back yard in the last of the light for today a little coughing/gagging this morning when he was all snotted up but we let him sleep with us last night on the pullout and I think the good night of sleep helped he's housing his food but not drinking water which he did in the past on the bland diet so we've been leaving the rice really wet so he can get his hydration that way. Signing off to save phone juice, we will check back in tomorrow

Glad you are all safe and sound.... hopefully electric is back sooner for you.... keep Bacon close and warm

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Man u and bacon just can't catch a break...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I hope you guys get back to normal soon an hope bacon gets better soon give him hugs an kisses for me

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=4688]Baconator[/MENTION] If he's still coughing I would suggest going to the vets and getting them to check that he hasn't got pneumonia. It is possible that he aspirated when he threw up so go with your gut. You can't take any chances with pneumonia!!

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We have power and heat again, came back on around 2am last night!!!!!!!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
how is bacon now? [MENTION=4688]Baconator[/MENTION] is he better. sometimes when sarah is phlemy i give her some benadryl seems to help. maybe a vet check when you can.

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
He is going back to the vet tonight for another check over to see if her diagnosis last week is still the same because he hasn't shaken the cough and stuffiness and we don't want to give him benedryl on top of the meds he is already on w/o talking to the vet first. His energy level is fine and he is eating plenty he just has a really mucussy chest cold is what it sounds like to me. But what do I know :-)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He is going back to the vet tonight for another check over to see if her diagnosis last week is still the same because he hasn't shaken the cough and stuffiness and we don't want to give him benedryl on top of the meds he is already on w/o talking to the vet first. His energy level is fine and he is eating plenty he just has a really mucussy chest cold is what it sounds like to me. But what do I know :-)

Good idea, I hope he's okay! Keep us posted and :hug:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.