URGENT!!! Bacon

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
so bacon had the episode last night see sandy check in feed, he's been good w the puking but we just put him to bed and he's gagging in his sleep I keep waking him up and hr drops back into snore and repeat

Adding the original quote from the other post....
Checking in no power or heat for 6-12 days plenty of firewood. Bacon had a gagging vomiting episode at 4am got up this morning and he was still gagging Jen got him to the town vet not out normal one(can't get there) they gave him a water shot and metronidazole he looks like a little hunchback. Gerry rigged a generator off my car using an inverter to power fridge Fishtank and freezer

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
The only thing I can think is its something coming from heating the house w the fireplace, it's a low to the ground gas and he is getting a bunch gonna head into the cold with him if you have other ideas please let me know gonna have phone with me

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Here is the originalpost about bacon. had a hard time finding it so added itin....

Checking in no power or heat for 6-12 days plenty of firewood. Bacon had a gagging vomiting episode at 4am got up this morning and he was still gagging Jen got him to the town vet not out normal one(can't get there) they gave him a water shot and metronidazole he looks like a little hunchback. Gerry rigged a generator off my car using an inverter to power fridge Fishtank and freezer

My only thought would be as he maybe eaten anything he shouldn't have? My pups gag fromtimeto time with no cause but if it is something you r worrying about maybe he ate something he needs to grow up? Is he just gagging or is he also throwing up randomly? Hope he is doing better!! Hugs to you guys!!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Also mugsy just was doing a gagging earlier when I got home. Not a first. He was over excited, had eaten some carrots. Think that both combined caused carrot to inhale into the wrong spot or something. Could this be something you r experiencing? Just trying to help but I know I am probably off.

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Not sure at this point I left to go to work in the city 'cause my office was down, he was gagging a little when I left and Jen moved his crate up on to the pullout bed to get him off the floor. This entire experience has been a total nightmare. Hopefully when the sun comes up she can get him outside a little if it isn't too cold, but there is a boil water advisory by us now that I heard about on the way to work and have no way of getting in touch with Jen so I have neighbors going over to let her know. I'm just freaking out(slightly) about the health of my boo bear.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Awww....poor lil' Bacon! I'm sure you're worried sick.

Getting him outside for some fresh air will do wonders for him and your wife.

I would try that lemon juice....perhaps the smoke of the fireplace is irritating his throat? I know it does mine and I'm a pack a day smoker. (I know. I know.)

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Awww....poor lil' Bacon! I'm sure you're worried sick.

Getting him outside for some fresh air will do wonders for him and your wife.

I would try that lemon juice....perhaps the smoke of the fireplace is irritating his throat? I know it does mine and I'm a pack a day smoker. (I know. I know.)

I'll give the lemon juice a shot when I get back home, also a smoker so I hear ya.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I can only advise lemon juice too. Hope it helps. Will be watching for an update. :pray:

L

Lucy-licious

Lucy was sick a while ago and for a few days afterwards kept gagging and making a noise as though she wanted to clear her throat...It cleared after a few days but I too was really worried. [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] clamed me down a little when he suggested maybe it was because her throat got hurt when she was sick...which does kinda make sense cos sometimes my throat hurts if I've been sick quite suddenly..thye gastric juices can burn it a bit on their way up. I'd continue to keep him up above the main smoke from your fire and maybe if possible wet his food for a few days so its softer and won't scrape.

Rmemeber he can sense your panic though so take a few deep breaths and give him a big hug when you get home and tell him everything will be just fine :hug:

Thinking of you all and hope things get better soon :hug::kiss3::hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.