cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
This morning after I wiped Finn's butt I noticed there was bright red blood on the tissue. I wiped again and there was more blood. Finn appeared uncomfortable as I was doing this, sort of shaking a little, I noticed. I looked at his stool and there was no blood that I could detect. Since I'm at work today and my vet will only be at the office til 1pm today, I have to wait til tomorrow a.m. to bring Finn in for an evaluation. He's eating well but just seemed a little more tired than usual this a.m.

I'm going to give him a bland diet til he's seen tomorrow, and will bring in a stool sample as well.

Have any of you had similar symptoms w/your bully?

Meggs19

Oct 14, 2011
Madison, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I have seen a little bit of the bright red blood here and there on Tonka's stools. I don't wipe his butt so I can't say if there would have been any there, though. I think Tonka's has to do with some allergy irritation-environmental-but he was also scooting his butt around during the times I saw the blood so it was clear there was irritation. Our dermatologist told us that this can happen with allergies. Does your bully have allergy issues? It could also be that he passed something hard or sharp that cut him a little when he pooped. I'm sure others will be by with more experience with this. I hope he's OK!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He may have irritated it somehow, so hope it is nothing serious. Please keep us posted on him.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=3445]Meggs19[/MENTION], i appreciate your reply. Finn doesn't have a hx of skin allergies although just recently i have noticed some sorts under his chin which were also bleeding this a.m.; also one on his face. Don't know if this is related to the blood from his back end tho.

[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION], thanku, yes, i will keep you all posted. I worry about the little guy so much. Even this a.m. when i left for work he was just resting quietly on my bed so i didn't have the heart to kick him off (they are not allowed in my bedrm while i'm at work), so i just let him stay there. Hopefully my mattress will still be intact when i get home! :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Now that I think f it, Cutty had blood in his poo one time a year or 2 ago. I figured since t was red it was ok and after that no more so I dunno what it was really.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
How was his poop?? Linus had blood on his butt a couple of weeks ago, but he also had diahorrea (probably after eating something he shouldn't have!!).

Apart from the blood does his butt look ok??

My initial thought was the same as [MENTION=3445]Meggs19[/MENTION] ... could he have eaten something and it cut him on the way out the other end??!!

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION], the poop looks "normal" to soft. He has had changes in his diet--on a homecooked diet like his brother Tate but maybe he's not responding well to it? he eats very heartily and seems always hungry so appetite is good.

one thing that happened is i broke a drinking glass on Sunday and as i went to get a towel to clean it up, i saw Finn licking the floor if not for a second before i scooted him away. Could he have eaten a small piece of glass?! Now that you guys mention it, that is a possibility. Now i'm getting really worried!

I haven't noticed any glass in his poo so far. I will look carefully again when i get home since i saved his poop from last night to take to the vet.Should i give him a soft piece of bread tonight to bind to anything that still might be in his stomach?

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I wiped Franklin last week an he had a little blood on the napkin an that was because I ran out of baby wipes for 2 days an had to wipe with toilet paper so it hurt his little butt so that might be why

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
:butterfly: I wiped Franklin last week an he had a little blood on the napkin an that was because I ran out of baby wipes for 2 days an had to wipe with toilet paper so it hurt his little butt so that might be why

okay, that might be a possibility too. I have wiped a little more on the "rough" side in the past w/him.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Awwwww poor Finny! :( Hopefully it's not a piece of glass. You may not notice it if it is though and he passed it. Keep a very close eye on him tonight just in case he did swallow some glass. He could have eaten something else though too so don't get too worked up just yet. Hope he's ok. :pray:

And a :hug: to you!!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I hope everything is OK with Finn. Since it was bright blood I would just wait and see, Maybe he passed something he shouldn't have ate and broke some little blood vessels in his anus.?? Does he chew on sticks? Once when I took Vegas to get his glands done the vet pulled out a small rock from his gland :w00t: it was very tiny but it did make him bleed for a while.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
thanks [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] :)

[MENTION=900]KMARINO[/MENTION], yes, now that you mention it, the little guy does like to chew on sticks! so now there are all these possibilities...i feel like a detective :detective2: with all these "clues". I cannot wait to get home after work to check up on him and see how he's doing. He's been on my mind all day.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Finn saw his vet this a.m.; she performed a rectal exam and did not find anything abnormal. Finn was an excellent patient too! I'm so proud of him, the way he just lay there quietly as they worked on him. He had these big eyes though, looking right at me, all bewildered. The doc just wants me to continue watching him and to up the fiber in his diet.

Since Finn was such a good boy today, I took him to the store for a new toy. He was a very happy camper :)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
glad to hear you got good news! and bet Finn was thrilled cause he got a new toy!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
So glad to hear that the vet couldn't find anything wrong with him. They do make us worry!!!! :*(

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.