Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad to hear his exam went well. Stiff hard poos or too runny poos can cause this. The stiff ones break blood vessels as they come out and the runny ones are from inflammation I think.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor baby, hope it isn't anything serious. It could just be an irritation around his anus, a scratch or something. If there isn't any blood in the stool, then it's probably just an irritation, but when the vet checks the stool, he/she will be able to determine if there is blood in the stool, and determine if its more serious. Hopefully not , crossing my fingers. It's good that you're checking it out though, just to be safe. Keep us posted.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Finn saw his vet this a.m.; she performed a rectal exam and did not find anything abnormal. Finn was an excellent patient too! I'm so proud of him, the way he just lay there quietly as they worked on him. He had these big eyes though, looking right at me, all bewildered. The doc just wants me to continue watching him and to up the fiber in his diet.

Since Finn was such a good boy today, I took him to the store for a new toy. He was a very happy camper :)

good to hear he seems to be OK..... may be it was just from straining?

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
good to hear he seems to be OK..... may be it was just from straining?

Not thinking it was due to straining since his poops were more on the soft side. He has this tiny blister like thingy right near the butt hole which may be where the bleeding came from, and as i wiped I got that. No more blood right now, knock on wood! and his fecal test came back negative for anything so that's a relief too.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.