General Question Herschel's Weight (pic)

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Herschel got weighed when I picked up his Trifexis the other day at the vet's. He weiged about 45 lbs in May when I rescued him, then 47 lbs after his neutering. He always looked a little thin to me. This time he was right at 50 lbs. He is NOT a chow hound. He eats just a bit here and there, healthy snacks and that's about it. He is an athletic bully. Always running and hopping and playing. Does he look about the right size when looking down from above? Please excuse the political bandanna he is wearing, lol. We had been at the volunteer office right before I snapped the pic.

557821_10151236503418491_2074425291_n.jpg

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
He looks beautiful. If he is healthy then it is good. they are all different. Dublin is just under 50lb and she is a chubby wubby... Did you happen to rescue him from FEBR by any chance?????

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
No, Herschel was about to be surrendered to the shelter in Dothan, AL but I was in contact with the owners and said NO WAY. They had never vetted him, no heartworm preventative, not neutered etc. Told me he was food aggressive and not good with other dogs/animals. Herschel allows the cat to eat out of his bowl (I have to watch the cat because he loves the Fromm salmon lol) and he hasn't met another dog/person he didn't like. Herschel even cuddles with the cat for a nap.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
He looks GREAT!! They are supposed to have that 'waist'. Only problem I see is,,, well... he is tooo darn cute. He OWNS YOU!!!! :p LOL

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
He looks GREAT!! They are supposed to have that 'waist'. Only problem I see is,,, well... he is tooo darn cute. He OWNS YOU!!!! :p LOL

Yes, yes he does. I have become that crazy dog lady. I prefer to attend events etc. where dogs are welcome. He is going to hate it when I go back to work in a few weeks but he has his big crate and after Christmas he will have a nice xpen (Gramma and Grandpa got him one lol).

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
I think he looks great!! And I think that bandana looks great on him too! ;)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I agree ...... that's a nice waist line. About how Daddy and Linus look from a top view!! :up:

The worst thing in the world is an overweight bully!!! :no:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
He is a picture of perfect!! He looks fantastic.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
He weiged about 45 lbs in May when I rescued him, then 47 lbs after his neutering.

Ermmm ... aren't they supposed to weigh less after the ol' snippedy-snip ........... :ROFL: :angel: :whistle:

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Ermmm ... aren't they supposed to weigh less after the ol' snippedy-snip ........... :ROFL: :angel: :whistle:

That made me laugh, because after Gio got neutered he lost exactly 2lbs....well the vet goes "yup, that's about right. 1lb for each..." I was dying!!!!:hahaha:

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Reading other post that say right about the weight, I would say a few pounds more. Your dog is FAR from being overweight. I agree that FAR too many people have FAT bulldogs which is bad for their health and shorten the quality of life. But a few pounds more would fill him out a bit more.

How old is he?
Bullies grow UP the first year and fill OUT the second year.

Good Day~

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Hello,

Reading other post that say right about the weight, I would say a few pounds more. Your dog is FAR from being overweight. I agree that FAR too many people have FAT bulldogs which is bad for their health and shorten the quality of life. But a few pounds more would fill him out a bit more.

How old is he?
Bullies grow UP the first year and fill OUT the second year.

Good Day~

Herschel is just coming up on his 2nd birthday. He was neutered at the beginning of summer.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
He looks great and a few more pounds wouldn't hurt, just not too many. Like peeps have said, a leaner bully is a healthy bully. Great job and thank you for rescuing him.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.