Thread: Trifexis and Fleas?!?

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Trifexis and Fleas?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Danielle View Post
    I have had wonderful results with Trifexis. Herschel HATES the tablet tho so I have to crumble it in soft food. I tried hiding it in things he usually can't resist but he smells the tablet and makes the same face a baby makes when they get their first taste of lemon!
    I was worried to try it. The lady at the feed store said that there have been complaints about scratching being a side affect. I don't want to risk it. Have you had any issues?

Always with me

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Danielle's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herschel and Fiona
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Bella'sMom View Post
    I was worried to try it. The lady at the feed store said that there have been complaints about scratching being a side affect. I don't want to risk it. Have you had any issues?
    No issues at all and I hadn't heard that at all and I talk to a lot of folks that use it with the Humane Society here. I found this online tho:

Like all medications, sometimes side effects may occur. In some cases, dogs vomited after receiving Trifexis. If vomiting occurs within an hour of administration, redose with another full dose. During field studies, no severe or prolonged vomiting occurred. Additional adverse reactions observed in the clinical studies were itching, decreased activity, diarrhea, inflammation of the skin, redness of the skin, decreased appetite and redness of the ear. All reactions were regarded as mild.
    Last edited by Danielle; 10-31-2012 at 08:32 PM.

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Danielle's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herschel and Fiona
    Likes (Received)

I also wanted to add that although Herschel does not have any known allergies, he does have sensitive skin and I haven't seen any itching or redness. As for the vomiting, it is recommended that you give with a full meal and that hasn't bothered him either.

Doggie Boutique Owner Izzy's Mom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Michelle
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Izzy
    Likes (Received)

No itching on Izzy either.... she doesnt show any major side effect after taking her dose. This month she is taking a higher dose and I will keep an eye on her.

My sunshine doesn’t come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog’s eyes.

Pet Sitter Become a 4 Paw Member mc68mc's Avatar
    Real Name
    Robert McCray
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    April aka Big Smoochie or Smoocha - Libre'
    Likes (Received)

we are on the second month of trifexis and it does work -both times we gave it to April she had diarrhea just once at the next bathroom break after taking the pill then back to normal --now getting them out of the house has been a complete NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads