Help Needed! Question about Apple cider vinegar

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
@Momma2Bullies I put it in Bacon's food last night and he loved it, it also helped mask the :barf: smell of the salmon oil

Thank you!
And [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] - I picked some up today!! "Bragg" brand, I finally found it at a store here. $7 for 32oz (not bad for my area).

Update: omg they hated it!!! They kept looking at me like " mom....something is wrong with my dinner..."
I told them it is good for them...I hope they get used to it LOL!

Last edited:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Thank you!
And [MENTION=4225]Twice[/MENTION] - I picked some up today!! "Bragg" brand, I finally found it at a store here. $7 for 32oz (not bad for my area).

i got Bragg today too!!!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Thank you!
And @Twice - I picked some up today!! "Bragg" brand, I finally found it at a store here. $7 for 32oz (not bad for my area).

Update: omg they hated it!!! They kept looking at me like " mom....something is wrong with my dinner..."
I told them it is good for them...I hope they get used to it LOL!

haha Bacon did the same thing the first night I put salmon oil in his, that lasted for about 2 minutes then he devoured it!!!!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
yeah Lola does not approve. how on earth do i get Lola to stay still for toe soaking!!!??? we got about 5 seconds before acv hit the living room carpet

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
yeah Lola does not approve. how on earth do i get Lola to stay still for toe soaking!!!??? we got about 5 seconds before acv hit the living room carpet

What about just wiping with a washcloth soaked in the stuff?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

bububaby

Oct 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
bubu
What about just wiping with a washcloth soaked in the stuff?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Your information is really help me a lot. I had bought a bottle of ACV today, and my 14-week boy loved it. I am wondering could I add one tsp in his food every dinner?

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Mack didnt even notice the difference of the ACV in his water. Stupid question though...are you supposed to shake up the "mother" I just assumed I should?

M

mabel lou

I put it in my water daily and my mother has as well for a very long time. My son and gbaby say they can taste it and say it taste horrible but I can't taste it hardly at all and I actually like just the very little flavor it gives my water.

Deanna1489

Sep 14, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis
I have tried soaking Otis's feet in the ACV for his Frito smelling feet :D, but he throws a total fit every time I try to do it. Will adding the ACV to his water help with his smelly issues?

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I use the Bragg organic ACV from Nutrition House, but you can also buy it from any Health Food store such as Whole Foods.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I was wondering what apple cider vinegar is used for, what benefits do they get from adding it to their water ? Do they need it? I give them yogurt two or three times a week, cut up apples, baby carrots as a treat, banana, they get Fromms Beef Fritata twice a day, morning and night, with Fromms canned pâté added to the kibble in the morning, and just kibble at night. They get a egg, either hard boiled, or sometimes raw 2 times a week. I haven't tried any other foods for them, but heard oatmeal is good for them, I'm just afraid that it might be too much fibre, and give them soft stools, and it is a grain, and Blossom has had sensitivity problems, so am afraid to chance it. I just switched their food to Fromms 2 weeks ago, and they are both doing well on it. I also give them salmon oil, and cranberry oil pills. I want to give them healthy supplements, but don't want to overdue it and give them too much.

I just found out that dogs do not digest or absorb fruits & veggies in raw form.

Puree them in a blender or juicer then pour over their food, sparingly, as a little of these
goes a long way for dogs. Put a tsp of organic LOCAL honey (helps w/allergies), a tsp of
FOOD GRADE diatomaceous earth (helps kill internal parasites & remineralizes the body)
and 1/2 clove of RAW garlic (between the two of them yet-in other words, 1/4 each, daily).
It is not poisonous to them, in proper dosage-garlic also kills parasites and repells fleas, flies
& mosquitoes externally and helps strengthen immune system.

All of this is good and healthy for YOU to take daily, too
:2thumbs:

Nothing wrong w/giving them a few bits of their kibble or bison bits as a treat.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Thank you again for the good advice, I have started giving them ACV everyday, and I'm putting it in my water too. It's a little bitter, but if its good for me, I'll drink it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.