General Question :::sigh::: a few hives are back

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
Penny had the steroid shot this morning for hives, swollen eye, and tongue. The hives went away. I gave her the next dose around 8:30 & she had a few hives popping back up on her legs about 10 mins ago. I just want her to clear up!!

I may have to call back to the vet in the morning. Has anyone given benadryl on top of prednisone? I feel like the prednisone should kick this, though.:nope:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
No sorry, I have only had to use Benydrel for Blossom, and I don't know if you can mix the two. The only thing I can suggest is you could ask your vet. If they're not open, they probably have an emergency number. The other thing you can do is call your pharmacist , they are very knowledgable when it comes to medicines, and can tell you if they can be mixed or not. They are both medicines that people take, and most of the time if its safe for us, then it's usually safe for dogs too. But it's always best to ask first just to be safe. Hope she feels better soon, and that you can figure out what's causing the hives.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes i have given benadryl to sarah on top of prednisone when it didnt clear up what i gave it to her for which was face swelling and hives and rapid breathing. ive done it a couple of times.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
YES, even our vet told me I could. Vegas suffers from multiple allergies 98% environmental. Within the last 6 months he has pulled his leg muscle twice and had to get shots of prednisone and I ask since his other allergies were so bad if I could still give benadryl. The steroid will help a lot with the hives, but it is OK to give the Benadryl as well. 25 mg. per 25 lbs. You might want to wait until later today to see if the prednisone kicks it though.

OP
MissPennyLue

MissPennyLue

Jun 20, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Penelope Lue (Penny)
She woke up looking pretty good this morning. I just need to chill out & not panic over 3 hives!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.