Other Hope's X-rays!

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
This morning Hope had her x-rays to confirm if she's pregnant or not..... Well all the signs are there the belly the discharge the eating and not eating the needing special attention etc etc... Her x-rays have confirmed

SHE'S NOT PREGNANT! as much we were hoping to have puppies since it's been almost 10yrs since we've raised puppies. We both know it was something she did not need but at least this time her last litter would have been loved and cared for properly and we were here for her! So next month once i get my pennies saved she'll be getting an awesome grooming, spayed, vaccinated, and microchipped (the heck if i'm letting anyone take her from me!)

I can say she's now weighing a beautiful 61.8lbs filling in very nicely! She does have a few things that need fixing such as a mass removed, deep teeth cleaning, and her hind legs are showing some arthritic signs but we'll be starting her on Carprofen tomorrow!

on a side note: i need some major opinions please honestly there's no bad opinion if it comes form the heart... MY rescue i volunteer for, will be rescuing 9 puppies tomorrow and need foster homes. They're about 7-8 wks old huge mixes (aussie/lab/husky) i've heard that sometimes a bpuppy can help in a therapy sense for an older dog. I want to foster a pup for mainly to find it's forever home and also to maybe help Hope. It's small enough for her to play with since her legs are too weak to play with Gator (he gets carried away at times). What are your opinions on this?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm sorry, I am no help with the rescue pups. It's wonderful you are involved with that. We have brought a single pup in with an older dog and had no real problems. They can be cranky though if not feeling well and I bet their patience won't be never ending!

I know you are disappointed about your litter...but all in good time! Maybe your litter didn't happen so you could dive into rescuing these pups! :idea:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I'm no help on and opinion if the puppy would be a good thing for Hope or not. I've just never introduced lots of new 'family members' at the same or close to the same time.
But if you feel ready to deal with whatever may come then I'd say go for it.
Good Luck!

OP
lakermarie

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
Thanks! The pups found other foster homes! Right now i'm just gonna work on getting Hope's hind legs a little stronger. She has problems getting up and walking sometimes. So fostering puppies will have to wait, but i'll still e volunteering at the shelter on my spare time!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks! The pups found other foster homes! Right now i'm just gonna work on getting Hope's hind legs a little stronger. She has problems getting up and walking sometimes. So fostering puppies will have to wait, but i'll still e volunteering at the shelter on my spare time!

I think you made the best decision for Hope.... good luck with her spay and keep us posted.

Most Reactions