General Question Herschel's sniffles

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
In the last week or so, Herschel has been doing something I can only describe as sniffling. Sounds like a kid with a runny nose. He has no chest congestion, nasal drainage or anything like that. It just sounds like sniffling. He isn't acting odd and is eating normal. He is energetic as usual etc. Just wondering if this is something I should be concerned about? It's fall in Florida and that is almost as bad as spring for irritants in the air.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I would say it's just his allergies acting up a little. as long as you can not hear it in his chest or he has a green discharge, he should be fine.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Thanks! That is what I thought. I'm always the worried mom.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

IF it's Florida, it must be allergies. I don't think we have a season here that doesnt' come with some allergy or other. The grass and weed pollen have highest here than any where else in the country for the last two weeks. Poor Dublin "lives" on Benedryl.....:cry: Maybe the little cold snap we are having my kill off some of it....

OP
Danielle

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
IF it's Florida, it must be allergies. I don't think we have a season here that doesnt' come with some allergy or other. The grass and weed pollen have highest here than any where else in the country for the last two weeks. Poor Dublin "lives" on Benedryl.....:cry: Maybe the little cold snap we are having my kill off some of it....

It's bad in north Florida right now. Herschel isn't feeling bad just making a sniffle noise every now and then. I hope this cold does clear it up some.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Here's one for you; a little less than a month ago, Bo was spinning like a top and, in the mornings, rubbing his tail on one wall of his kennel with a fury. This activity was accompanied by groaning akin to a pioneer birthing scene. It was horrendous. The vet checked his perfectly empty anal glands and proclaimed that his "anal glands are sensitive to the high pollen counts". And to give him benedryl.

You just never know do you? LOL

EBDR35

Oct 4, 2011
Im not in FL but im in CA but my puppy started getting the sniffles as well.. never had them before :(

Benedryl helps

What does the green discharge indicate?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.