Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 1/4 inch square of fur looks different than the rest of her fur?

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Magnolia
    Likes (Received)

Default 1/4 inch square of fur looks different than the rest of her fur?

We have always noticed that about a square 1/4 inch of fur on her left side always looked like it was a little different than the rest of her fur...now at 6 months it appears a bit more prominent...almost like not as much fur is in that spot...not drastically different ...but different. Does anyone know if there is something we should do? Will the spot become larger? Thanks for any thoughts.

Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 1/4 inch square of fur looks different than the rest of her fur?

Quote Originally Posted by Little miss Maggie View Post
    We have always noticed that about a square 1/4 inch of fur on her left side always looked like it was a little different than the rest of her fur...now at 6 months it appears a bit more prominent...almost like not as much fur is in that spot...not drastically different ...but different. Does anyone know if there is something we should do? Will the spot become larger? Thanks for any thoughts.

I'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean color, texture, thickness is different?

Can you post a pic? I'm sure someone here may know.

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Magnolia
    Likes (Received)

I am trying to figure out how to upload the photo I took on my iPad

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Magnolia
    Likes (Received)

-fur-spot-maggie-jpg i hope you can see this okay. The thickness in that area is less and the little bit of darkeness .... is her skin color.... so I'm guessing there is LESS fur in that one particular area? I think if you double click it magnifies it somewhat.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)

is it that little tuff of hair by the little roll of skin? It might be cause their shedding right now my dads husky would have tuff's of hair an we would pull it out but I don't suggest you do that. I really couldn't tell you what it might be did she ever have a sore their or a hotspot or something it might be that an the hairs just growing back? Sorry not really any help hope you figure it out.

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Magnolia
    Likes (Received)

i just got out my jewelers loop (magnifier) and took a look at the area.... it almost looks like a little bit of crusty raised skin in that one area only... I'm wondering if Panolog ointment might work????

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Magnolia
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by loveabully View Post
    is it that little tuff of hair by the little roll of skin? It might be cause their shedding right now my dads husky would have tuff's of hair an we would pull it out but I don't suggest you do that. I really couldn't tell you what it might be did she ever have a sore their or a hotspot or something it might be that an the hairs just growing back? Sorry not really any help hope you figure it out.
    Yes it's that little tuff.... no sores there and I'm not sure what a hotspot is... like my last reply... it appears to be one or two bits of crusty skin in that area??

Bulldog(s) Names
    Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
    Likes (Received)

Hate to say it.....but that is what Gunny's spot of Demodex looked like.....he never lost fur where it was, just thinned a little.
    I am a master at planking......

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Little miss Maggie View Post

you said you have always noticed...........how long have you had her?
    what are you feeding her?

just the normal questions to determine what it could be.
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

hm i was wondering bout the demodex myself. you could put some panalog on it and see if it clears up. if not and it continues you may want to let a vet look at it.

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Magnolia
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherry View Post
    you said you have always noticed...........how long have you had her?
    what are you feeding her?

just the normal questions to determine what it could be.
    We have had her since August ...we feed her avoderm and mix in some type of meat...ground turkey or steak or chicken

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Magnolia
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Gunny B View Post
    Hate to say it.....but that is what Gunny's spot of Demodex looked like.....he never lost fur where it was, just thinned a little.
    Can you tell me what you did to clear it up?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads