General Question 1/4 inch square of fur looks different than the rest of her fur?

Little miss Maggie

Aug 23, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnolia
We have always noticed that about a square 1/4 inch of fur on her left side always looked like it was a little different than the rest of her fur...now at 6 months it appears a bit more prominent...almost like not as much fur is in that spot...not drastically different ...but different. Does anyone know if there is something we should do? Will the spot become larger? Thanks for any thoughts.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
We have always noticed that about a square 1/4 inch of fur on her left side always looked like it was a little different than the rest of her fur...now at 6 months it appears a bit more prominent...almost like not as much fur is in that spot...not drastically different ...but different. Does anyone know if there is something we should do? Will the spot become larger? Thanks for any thoughts.

I'm not sure what you mean? Do you mean color, texture, thickness is different?

Can you post a pic? I'm sure someone here may know.

OP
L

Little miss Maggie

Aug 23, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnolia
fur spot on maggie.jpg i hope you can see this okay. The thickness in that area is less and the little bit of darkeness .... is her skin color.... so I'm guessing there is LESS fur in that one particular area? I think if you double click it magnifies it somewhat.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: is it that little tuff of hair by the little roll of skin? It might be cause their shedding right now my dads husky would have tuff's of hair an we would pull it out but I don't suggest you do that. I really couldn't tell you what it might be did she ever have a sore their or a hotspot or something it might be that an the hairs just growing back? Sorry not really any help hope you figure it out.

OP
L

Little miss Maggie

Aug 23, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnolia
i just got out my jewelers loop (magnifier) and took a look at the area.... it almost looks like a little bit of crusty raised skin in that one area only... I'm wondering if Panolog ointment might work????

OP
L

Little miss Maggie

Aug 23, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnolia
:butterfly: is it that little tuff of hair by the little roll of skin? It might be cause their shedding right now my dads husky would have tuff's of hair an we would pull it out but I don't suggest you do that. I really couldn't tell you what it might be did she ever have a sore their or a hotspot or something it might be that an the hairs just growing back? Sorry not really any help hope you figure it out.

Yes it's that little tuff.... no sores there and I'm not sure what a hotspot is... like my last reply... it appears to be one or two bits of crusty skin in that area??

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
Hate to say it.....but that is what Gunny's spot of Demodex looked like.....he never lost fur where it was, just thinned a little.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps

you said you have always noticed...........how long have you had her?
what are you feeding her?

just the normal questions to determine what it could be.
:shot:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hm i was wondering bout the demodex myself. you could put some panalog on it and see if it clears up. if not and it continues you may want to let a vet look at it.

OP
L

Little miss Maggie

Aug 23, 2012
Washington
Bulldog(s) Names
Magnolia
you said you have always noticed...........how long have you had her?
what are you feeding her?

just the normal questions to determine what it could be.
:shot:
We have had her since August ...we feed her avoderm and mix in some type of meat...ground turkey or steak or chicken

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
We have had her since August ...we feed her avoderm and mix in some type of meat...ground turkey or steak or chicken

That's exactly what I'm feeding just now, I'm looking to improve there coats for the winter.

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
A vet has to diagnose it. I just noticed it on Gunny and happened to be in the vet, he gave me a topical prescription.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Herman currently has a spot like that - it's where he lost hair from demodex (his spot was bald). Its growing back, but it's the funniest thing, his larger spots have filled in perfectly, but this little spot continues to try to play catch up to the rest of the hair around it.

If it's getting bigger, then dont chance it being demodex and get it scraped. Also, check carefully for other spots too in case it is and you can monitor those as well.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.