my British Bulldog

bertie

Oct 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
carson
Hi my British Bulldog's face is swollen, his breathing is a little different and he's wee lumps over his body. He's been trying to scratch his face on the wall etc. Anyone any ideas, I'm thinking an allergic reaction to something!!:confused:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yes that sounds like and allergic reaction to something. do you have any benadryl or something similiar over there. if he is having trouble breathing you may have to get him to the vet immediately. i benadryl per 25 pounds is the norm. once you get him calmed down then you can find out what caused it.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
He's definitely allergic to something, bug bite? New food?, new shampoo? , could be a number of things, is he a puppy ? Or older dog, and what type of food are you feeding him? A lot of bulldogs are allergic, to chicken, corn, and other fillers. I am having a lot of sensitivity problems with my female Blossom, but no hives or breathing problems, we switched her food to Fromms Beef Fritata , and she is doing much better. I would give him a bendedry, and keep an eye on him, and if after the bendedryl, he still has the same problems, I would take him to the vet, especially with the breathing problems. He may need a shot of cortisone or something else to help him. Good luck, keep us posted, hope he feels better soon.

OP
B

bertie

Oct 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
carson
Yes thanks have gave him an allergy tablet, his breathing seems better, just wants to sleep now:pray2:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Good, but I would still keep watching him, to make sure he is breathing regular, and you could call your vet when they open and ask what they recommend, just to be on the safe side.

L

Lucy-licious

Yes thanks have gave him an allergy tablet, his breathing seems better, just wants to sleep now:pray2:

Just wondering what did you give him hunny? Piriton...not the one a day...is best half fir a puppy and a whole one for bigger dogs. The piriton will make him sleepy. Is this his first reaction? What is different over the last few days...some of our pups react immediately others take a few days. Welcome BTW glad you found us xxx

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Hi my British Bulldog's face is swollen, his breathing is a little different and he's wee lumps over his body. He's been trying to scratch his face on the wall etc. Anyone any ideas, I'm thinking an allergic reaction to something!!:confused:

Hives are DANGEROUS. The lumps and bumps on the outside can also be present on the INSIDE and that's why it's important to take swift action when these reactions occur.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
How is your bully doing now? has the swelling subsided? welcome to the site. It's funny how many people find us when they have a problem, but they stay for the long haul.

:smileywelcome:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome!!! Glad he is feeling better. Now to figure out what happened.... Glad young here, would love to see pics. ;)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.