Other Its been a while. Update on Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
Hey guys! :hiya: Its been a while! Not sure if you remember me, but I am the one with Audrey Hepbull. She was a very sick bulldog when I adopted her back in late April/early May. Here are some of my old threads to recap what we were going through with Audrey:

One Heck of An Introduction to Bulldogshttp://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...ons/15146-one-heck-introduction-bulldogs.html

Some Days I Feel Like Audrey Will Never Get Better:
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...i-feel-like-audrey-will-never-get-better.html

Just wanted to give a quick update on how my baby is doing. Audrey's awful diarrhea issues FINALLY resolved. This happened roughly a month after they started. She was eating a cup of Acana kibble in the AM and a pound of raw food (Bravo!) at night. Recently she has switched to 100% raw and is doing great! She is eating beef, lamb, duck, turkey, goat, and more and hasn't had any more diarrhea at all. We will most likely never know what caused her month long bout of diarrhea. Frustrating, but as long as it doesn't come back, I'm find with that!

Her mange treatment has been going quite well. She has grown back a TON of hair. She is still partially bald and patchy in some areas, but her scabby, bleeding skin is no more. She has a recheck appointment with her integrative vet on Tuesday. She will have a skin scrape done and we will see where we are at with the demodectic mange.

She hasn't had hardly any head tremors (just a few here and there) so that is good! She had an interdigital cyst about 2 weeks ago, but it resolved on its own.

She has unforutunately developed a cherry eye. :( As I mentioned in our very first post, Audrey has bi-lateral entropion and scarring on her left cornea, so having a cherry eye too kinda sucks. We saw a opthamologist and we will be doing surgery to correct the cherry eye, but he wants to wait a little to see if the other eye will "pop". He also wants her immune system to get a little better before surgery. We are just keeping her eye clean and putting drops in it for now. The opthamologist said she DOES have entroption in both eyes, but we may not need to do surgery. I think I will get a second opinion on that after her cherry eye repair because she has ALOT of tearing from her eye that isn't affected by the cherry eye (leading me to believe that her eyelashes ARE irritating her eye).

Audrey went through heat about a month ago (she isn't spayed because we have to wait for her immune system to get better before surgery). My fiance's mother watched Audrey for the entire 3 weeks that she was bleeding and in heat because I didn't want to torture my (neutered) male Papillon. We missed her a ton and its been great to have her back. We are REALLY hoping we can get her spayed before her next heat cycle. It was such a PIA.

So that is the good news. Now the bad. :(

I work at a pet boutique and we had a dog adoption event recently. About a week after the event I noticed weird patches on my arm. FML. I have ringworm! and guess who else does now too! Poor Audrey. :( Just when her hair was all coming back in, she has an AWFUL ringworm infection. Been treating her with OTC antifungal products (myself as well) but hopefully the vet will give us something stronger on Tuesday (since she has to go for an appointment anyway).

Oh! And I'm preggers! lol! My fiance' and I found out in August. I am due 6 weeks before our June 12th, 2013 wedding lol! So Audrey will be a big sister. :) We are going to take a special class with the dogs on learning how to prepare them for baby. No matter what though, she (and my other dog) will always be our first babies. I am just hoping she will be feeling a little better before the baby comes in late April.

Oh! and we had an engament photo shoot recently. Check out this fun pic of Audrey and my other dog.

Well that is about all now for now. Hope every one is doing well!

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
CopeeAudrey.jpg

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: good to hear she's doing better an congratulations on the baby an the picture is so very cute

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Wow, poor Audrey, that poor girl has gone through it for sure and I commend you for sticking with her, but sounds like you are getting her headed in the right direction. We have miss you and her around here so glad you popped in and gave us an update. Plus congrats on your new baby, I'm sure Audrey will do fine with the new baby. Loved the pic of her and your other baby. Audrey is so beautiful and your other dog is too cute. Don't be a stranger and please keep us updated.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hi there! That's a bummer on the ringworm for both of you. But CONGRATULAIONS on the soon to be arrival of your baby and of course congrats on your wedding too! I was preggo too when I got married, we just didn't plan on either though....:ashamed: :lol:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: So glad to hear from you! Quite the adventure all the way around! Congrats on your baby and bravo for getting Audrey better! Please keep us posted!!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I'm so happy for the update. You've had more challenges than most with Audrey Hepbull and it's sure been a slow road, hasn't it? The good news is that, as you've said, you've been headed in a positive direction and have stayed so. My sister apparently got ring worm too somehow and according to my mother, her hair was coming out in BUNCHES. No insurance, she struggled along with what she thought was premature balding or something and wha-LA; ringworm. (And a fairly simple fix too) You've really hung in there with your girl and you are lucky to have found each other!

The picture? OMG. That's a "framer"! Did they photoshop in the rose or did your Pap really hold it like that? AMAZING if so!!!

Congrats on the baby too. Your life is going to change in incredible and magical ways this year.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Thanks for the update! That pic is adorable!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
29608d1351298742-its-been-while-update-audrey-hepbull-copeeaudrey.jpg
Thanks for the update! That pic is adorable!

OP
Audrey Hepbull

Audrey Hepbull

Apr 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Audrey Hepbull
Vicaroo, he really held the rose :) He is a ham lol! He's had extensive formal obedience training in 'taking' 'giving' 'holding' and retrieving. For Easter one year he held an Easter basket in his mouth while wearing bunny ears lol!

Its been a crazy journey with Audrey, but we love her so much. Her personality has really blossomed in the time I've known her. :)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Glad to read your update, sounds like things are headed in the right direction. Such a cute picture too they are both adorable!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
[MENTION=4747]Audrey Hepbull[/MENTION] You should get the award for busy year. She looks great, very settled in. Congratulations to everyone, except for the ring worm.. yikes.
Compared's to everything else, that's an easy fix. We wouldn't forget you or your big heart taking in Audrey. You will be a fabulous skin mommy. Please keep in touch.

:halloween15:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.