PJ
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Melvin (2013), BabyPhat (2005-13)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Crusty nose crumbling away?

Quote Originally Posted by bulliemommi View Post
    Can I tell you guys, I have tried everything, including vitamin e oil the vet recommended that I didn't see much difference. It'd been dry for a month now. Well, last weekend I got a tube of 99 cent plain Carmex lip balm, unscented (I saw lip balm mentioned on another forum) from wal-mart and put it on our bully's nose. Well, it was intensely better the next day and has been great all week!!!! I put a little more on last night and it's looking 100% better. Nose has no indentations, is cool and wettish, and back to black. Just turn the dial so enough is exposed so you don't scrape the nose with the plastic sides and apply like you would to your lips. I keep it with his doggie things so no one goes to use it, haha. Like everything put on his nose, he didn't like it, but it worked!!
    Bulliemommi...This idea is fab. My bullie is getting a bit of crust on the side of his nose. And I personally looove Carmex lip balm (unscented) when I'm on the ski slopes because it works. I never thought to use this on Melvin's nose. I am going to give this a try. Thanks so much!!
    -da5152db283de6e1f64ba0e76b8689db-jpg

2. Likes Kristopher T, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

You know its crazy, I forgot all about using the Carmex. He hasn't had a crusty nose in a while but I am going to get some again to have on hand for him. I need to get another tube! Thanks for bumping this, hope it works for you!

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

This topic was just covered in the above thread entitled " Hyperkeratosis of the Nose" which was started by me.
    I have been battling this for years. First with Vaseline, then with 'Snout Soother', then with Vitamin-E, then with Aquaphor (which I do not recommend because there is a Warning label on the tube warning against this petroleum based product from being ingested).
    Keeping the nose "moist" will not protect against chunks of nose falling off, it is a losing battle. I recommend reading up on "Hyperkeratosis of the Nose".

Pet Sitter
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    waiting for us at the rainbow bridge
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus View Post
    This topic was just covered in the above thread entitled " Hyperkeratosis of the Nose" which was started by me.
    I have been battling this for years. First with Vaseline, then with 'Snout Soother', then with Vitamin-E, then with Aquaphor (which I do not recommend because there is a Warning label on the tube warning against this petroleum based product from being ingested).
    Keeping the nose "moist" will not protect against chunks of nose falling off, it is a losing battle. I recommend reading up on "Hyperkeratosis of the Nose".
    Yes, this is an old thread recently bumped, started in 2012.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads