Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When will she make it through the night?

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Magnolia
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: When will she make it through the night?

Quote Originally Posted by Bizzymammabee View Post
    I guess the upside is that she lets you know. God knows it's a miserable thing to step down from the bed in the middle of the night when you yourself have to go and end up stepping in pee or poo.
    I am grateful that she lets me know... I will be more grateful....when she lets me know closer to 4:15. Appreciate the thoughts and ideas....

Bulldog(s) Names
    Seamus
    Likes (Received)

Wow that is really surprising ... Seamus sleeps in his crate at night and has been able to sleep through the night from around 10-6 since he was 4 months old. He has never had an accident except for the first night when I think we literally scared the poo out of him. Other than that he does great. He gets fed around 6:00 and then goes out to the bathroom for the last time around 9:30ish

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mocha Bubbles
    Likes (Received)

I think she is a very good girl to let you know she has to go!!! You are lucky!! As someone mention before take away water at around 6 pm and take her out before you go to bed. It will get better!!! And yes it is like having a baby all over again!!
    LisaMarie

Bulldog Vet in Training anatess's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bullie & Angus
    Likes (Received)

All of the dogs I've ever had slept through the night around 4 months, 6 months at the latest. They're all crate trained. The crate doors are closed at night with a dark thin fabric around, so it's dark and cozy in there. By around 4 months, they would wimper and I wouldn't do anything or I would just say, "It's ok" just to let them know I'm still here... unless they start crying then I let them out to potty. Usually by 4 months old, sometimes up to 6 months old, they will sleep through the night.

I got Bullied and loving it!
    Bella "Bullie" Rose, adopted on July 24, 2011

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)

Franklin is 6 months an he sleeps through the night now when he was little he went out at 11- 3 an when we got up but we went to bed at 11 so maybe for you I would pick her water up around 6 an take her out at 8:30 - 9:00 an then at 3 an just see how that goes she should be able to hold it like now through the day I don't have to take him out for 4-5 hours so he can hold it if he had to he does sleep in bed with us though on the weekends he will wait till I get up its so cute after my hubby gets up he will come up an lay on my pillow sometimes he sits on my head good luck I'm sure she will sleep through the night soon so hang in you will get some sleep again lol
    Last edited by loveabully; 10-26-2012 at 11:40 PM.

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Magnolia
    Likes (Received)

Hooray... An update to my original post.... The answer is 8 months! She now sleeps through the night! It began that she would go to the bedroom door and when I would get up to go downstairs with her to let her out.....she would go back to her bed and not want to go downstairs. That happened a couple of nights and now she doesn't get up at all.

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Great news! Glad she is making it through the night!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads