OP
LisaMarie

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] , it is crazy!!!!! Im just to freaked out now. I just have to find a good natural remedy now, that doesnt cost me a small fortune on ingredients. Winter is almost here so they will be going away as soon as frost comes. Linda the dog maid, suggested I use frontline plus, but thats what I used to use on Mocha and it was just not doing its job. Oh well, like I said before, this was a good thread. Sometimes we think is only happening to our bullies and it feels comforting to know it happends to others as well. Its great to exchange ideas and information!

Mack-N-MatildasMommy

Bulldog Spoiler
Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Moore, OK
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda A.K.A Sassy Pants & Mighty Mack A.K.A. Fat Peanut
Thank you all!!! Great sugestions and advice!!! She is doing great but this is something that has happend before. I did some research and there are many number of hollistic recepies that im gonna try. I think this is a very interesting topic and the more I think about it it is a poison after all that we are putting on our dogs and cats. It doesnt make sense. I dont know what I will be using but I dont think I will use any of the ones out there any more after this. @BruceP , what is it that you use on Miss Gracie??

I wrote on FB, Lisa, that Tate gets quite agitated and uncomfortable after I apply the Revolution on him. I hate doing this to him plus it worries me. So I'm looking at alternatives as well. With Finn however, it's not a problem at all. Go figure!

Try this one.

Step 1
Place your 2 orange and 2 grapefruit peels in a blender. Add 1 quart of water and blend until smooth.

Step 2
Pour the liquid from the blender into a pot through a strainer. This step will strain out any leftover bits from the peels of the oranges and grapefruits.

Step 3
Cook the mixture on low for 20 minutes, then set it aside to cool.

Step 4
Add the lavender oil to the mixture and stir, then pour the mixture into an empty spray bottle

Step 5
[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana]Spray this all-natural flea treatment on your dog and any other items in your home where you see fleas. You can do this up to four times daily, and you will not need to wash the flea treatment off. [/FONT]

[FONT=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Verdana]I acquired this from a lady who has used this on her animals for ages. An old family recipe. [/FONT]:2thumbs:

OP
LisaMarie

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=2150]MatildasMommy[/MENTION] sounds good to me and its easy to do also(I suck at cooking)!! I will try this one. :2thumbs: Thanks!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Thank you all!!! Great sugestions and advice!!! She is doing great but this is something that has happend before. I did some research and there are many number of hollistic recepies that im gonna try. I think this is a very interesting topic and the more I think about it it is a poison after all that we are putting on our dogs and cats. It doesnt make sense. I dont know what I will be using but I dont think I will use any of the ones out there any more after this. @BruceP , what is it that you use on Miss Gracie??

Diatomaceous Earth,,,, food grade,, I just ordered 10 pounds last night :) We put about a 1/2 teaspoon mixed into her morning kibble.
DE as it is commonly called can also be rubbed into their coat. There are a gazillion uses for it and it can even be stread on the yard to help get rid of fleas and other bugs.
Does it work??? I havent a clue; HRH has never had a flea.. lol

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] uses diatomaceous earth I believe. I personally do not like the topicals so much. Have used a diff brand a couple times and hair fell out where it was applied, creeped me out. Thankfully we don't have much in the way of fleas or ticks tho.

I use a good flea shampoo -- and then diatomaceaous earth and flea traps -- should I suspect one somehow got in the door. I do use flea stuff (Revolution) on my cat though because he's a 20 lb Himilayan and if anyone's going to attract a flea; it's Sushi. I couldn't use a topical product if there were ANY kind of reaction. For a short time I tried that Bio-Something or other (during the Flea Outbreak of Summer 2011 Thanks to Grandma's Cat) and it seemed to keep them at bay until the trapping was done.

OP
LisaMarie

LisaMarie

Community Veteran
Jan 13, 2011
Burlington, Vermont
Bulldog(s) Names
Mocha Bubbles
[MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] , so you put mix it with the food? , I know that we have used this in the yard.Is it good against ticks too? I'll give it a try because I will not be using anything harsh on Mocha again. Thanks Bruce!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
@BruceP , so you put mix it with the food? , I know that we have used this in the yard.Is it good against ticks too? I'll give it a try because I will not be using anything harsh on Mocha again. Thanks Bruce!!

As long as it's FOOD GRADE it can be added to their food and rubbed
into their skin.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.