Help Needed! Staff infection

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
So we just got back from the vet and Bacon has little spots of staff infection on his back and he is getting red between his front toes. They have us sebolux medicated shampoo to use once a week for the next three weeks. Had anyone ever used this?

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
awwww little Bacon. Are those what the little spots were on his back you showed before? I have never used that shampoo.

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Yea we thought they were going away and then they groomed his as part of his stay at the kennel and we noticed there were mote

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I've never had that shampoo, but if it dries out the scabs, that's what you want. I'm familiar with staph infection, Jack gets it seasonally. I found that if I catch it and use Pyoben, the shampoo my vet gave me, I can keep it a bay. If I miss any spots, it goes crazy, then he's got to have lots of antibiotics.

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Okay thanks guys, the spots are not red or anything they just look like little patches of dry skin with no hair on his back so hopefully they clear up without antibiotics. He did say if his toes get worse that he will have to go on antibiotics but I was thinking of soaking his feet in a water ACV mix to help clear that up in addition to using the shampoo once a week. Do you think that would help or would it be overkill?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So we just got back from the vet and Bacon has little spots of staff infection on his back and he is getting red between his front toes. They have us sebolux medicated shampoo to use once a week for the next three weeks. Had anyone ever used this?

never used the shampoo.... when Nitschke had staph (a few times) they only way it was addressed is with a long, high dose of antibiotics. it is due to a weaken immune system which is what our vet said was a direct result of all his allergies he would get staph right near end of summer beginning of fall which is when his allergies were at their peak

OP
Baconator

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
never used the shampoo.... when Nitschke had staph (a few times) they only way it was addressed is with a long, high dose of antibiotics. it is due to a weaken immune system which is what our vet said was a direct result of all his allergies he would get staph right near end of summer beginning of fall which is when his allergies were at their peak
Yea we have a feeling that was the case with Bacon too, plus the stress of being boarded twice over the span of three weeks which we will NEVER do again. Didn't have a choice in the matter, next time we just won't go to the weddings, my little man is more important to me then anyone's wedding.

L

Lucy-licious

Just seeing this....Hibicleans, hibiscrub, duoxo pads and anything else containing chlorhexidine is good for staph too x
in fact its good for most skin infections except Pseudomonus xx

if you do get hibicleans or hibiscrub you need to dilute it...I'm not 100% sure at the moment but I think its 1 part hibiscub to 6 parts water.

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Can't help on this one, but just wanted to send good thoughts your way and hope Bacon makes a swift recovery.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.