Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Delilah Has Entropian Eyelid and Needs Surgery :(

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Delilah Has Entropian Eyelid and Needs Surgery :(

HRH's vet thought she might have entropian at first when she squinted a lot, but he checked and found dry eye to be the reason for the swelling of her eyelids causing them to turn in, and she has done very well on Optimmune gel applied daily.
    My point is, that all options and reasons behind the swelling should be considered before resorting to expensive and perhaps unnecessary surgery.

And @mabel lou bless your heart for putting your babies well being first. like Jenn said, sometimes the best choice isn't the easiest one.
    Last edited by LariP; 10-26-2012 at 06:43 AM.

mabel lou

I know believe you me it wasn't a easy decision since I watched the dam go through the whole AI an and pregnancy and watched my girl being born as well so yeah she was meant to be with me I know this much. It effected my friendship of a lifetime yes because of the way a person looks at another when money is involved or at least in my case it did. I actually went to the vet with her and helped her with all 9 puppies as each and everyone received their health cert. including mine only to go home with her and be woke up to our first issue of breathing and or choking problems and informing my friend of this she told me it was a hairball in her throat. Now I don't own a cat so not sure where the hairball could have even entered the pic but off to the vet I went and this is how it all started. From the vet back to the breeders home to be looked upon as though I just made all of this up and then to be told no that is not true and grade level 4 heart murmor isn't no big deal and she will grow out of it OMG among the other issues the vet told me of. Gosh how sad I felt because keep in mind this was my bff of 18yrs and so the quest began of taking on this issue of what to do, what to do while crying because of so many mixed emotions. How is it that you can go to one vet on one side of town and get a health cert and then within 10 hrs you go to another vet (mine) and she says completely opposite of what the breeders vet said. Needless to say I did right by my moo moo girl and she was meant to be with me for whatever the reason was sick or not.. I do believe in my heart that some come to you because they are meant to be with you for whatever time you have with them and then when your time is up and it is time to say goodbye to your friend and or child, it is time for the next phase of their precious life. Almost like school teachers and how a student goes into the next grade. I must admit that loving my girl and letting her go did effect my friendship terribly with my X bff but I know in my heart that to be a free spirit which I do believe EBDs are. Sometimes you gotta believe that to be free you have to smile and know that your decision is based on kindess and love. The breeder said to me that her and her husband would take my girl back and I said NO because I knew her and knew that she would resell her and who knows what may have happened to my girl. So as you can see I stuck it out but sticking it out only meant I was brought into her life and visa versa because we were suppose to be together for whatever reason and for however long. Again I say this with a smile because EBDs show me how to do selfless acts simply because being a free spirit means to be free and not hold onto something because of the fear of no longer having that wonderful feeling they bring to my heart. We all love them and it is ok but my love for them is not wrong in how I look upon them, It is just the way I view life and yes I hurt and cry just like the next one. But I wouldn't trade what they give me for any amount of money in the world. Thanks all

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone. I do have care credit, but I have a max credit of $1000 and it kind of is almost completely maxed out because my cat recently needed expensive stuff done. I've got a couple hundred left on it but right now I'm saving that for her office visits.

I had funds saved up but sometimes crap happens. When it rains, it pours, I guess.

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Well...try my suggestion. Since the eyelashes have been removed, she should be good for a few months. Start putting money away in a "no touch" account. If the eyelashes start to make her squint....take her back in immediately and have them plucked again. Keep saving the money every week and in 7 months...you can do the surgery. I find taking O in to have a simple eyelash pluck works well. I'm not interested in sedating her for a 1500.00 procedure right now.

Delilah's Personal Slave Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Delilah
    Likes (Received)

I'm keeping an eye on it. She's going to the vet again tomorrow for a check up to see how it's healing.

My boss is donating some money to me..she has money that someone had donated to her in memory of their Pomeranian to give to a pet owner sometime when they needed it. She's going to give it to me and match it..for which I'm very grateful. I have no idea how much it'll be yet. Regardless I appreciate it a lot.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tom Fraley
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarge and LuLu
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Lu Lu had hers froze off I forget how much, it did the trick, very inexpensive.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

Duke had almost the identical story.. so sorry it is very painful for them. I was able to find a vet ophthalmologist that was a teaching school but even then his surgery was expensive. I would call and ask the ophthalmologist if they can give her a contact. this is what they did with Duke.. it gives them so much relief until they have the surgery.. on a bright note.. Duke had the surgery done and knock wood has never had any further eye issues.. ( it has been over 3 years).. Good luck to you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads