Help Needed! Interdigital Cyst

ptran713

Sep 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
capo
I have an english bulldog that has a interdigital cyst on his foot. Does anybody have a home remedy that has been proven to be effective? Is it something that will require surgery? I love english bulldogs but they just have so many different health issues that i have to deal with and worry about it. Somebody help please!

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: no you won't need surgery but I'm no help on how to get rid of them sorry but hang in someone will be along shortly to help

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I HIGHLY recommend soaking in Epsom Salt twice a day until it's cleared up. In the mean time, what are you feeding your baby? His cyst could be related to an allergy from his food.

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
You can dilute some Betadine Solution with water until it is the color of iced tea & soak the paws for 5-10 minutes.

Bulldogs are angels in fur coats

OP
P

ptran713

Sep 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
capo
I am currently feeding him fromm beef fritta. He loves the food but i still notices that he still has skin allergies. I been told it could take over a month for the allergies to go away once you change the food. I have changed his food so many times its ridiculous.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
This isnt a home remedy, but if there is any inflammation or of it looks like its irritated, you can try Vetericyn. It made the inflammation in Herman's cyst disappear very quickly (like in a few hours). I'm still dealing with what might be 'scar tissue' but I'm not sure yet, but its not big and painful, just normal pink skin.

Something else that was recommended to me was to clearn with mercuroclear (clear iodine) and put Preparation H before bed to shrink it. This didnt help Herman, but I know others have been successful with it.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
They are sometimes caused by cutting nails or letting nails grow too long, but usually it's bacteria that comes from paw licking. Paw licking is a sign of allergies. So basically they usually come from allergies!

We just had our first ever. I noticed Jesse licking her paw a lot but I figured that was because I took away her nylabone to clean it up. Well, 2 days later mommy still had not cleaned her nylabone (Shame!) she had a giant one (cyst) in the morning. I cleaned it up, soaked and used malecetic otic.

I decided to do a full inspection of her to make sure there was no hives. She looked good, nothing to be found. Decided I had better clean her ears and folds anyway. Spread her girlie bits and found the issue. She had an unseen rash down there (ouch!) that must've itched like crazy!! It was pretty red and hot to the touch. Treated that and the paw licking stopped.

Moral of the story: bullies like to lick their paws when they have an itch they can't scratch.

Her cyst was gone in a couple of days. Boy was I glad I found the rash!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.