Thread: Throwing up everyday!

Bulldog(s) Names
    capo
    Likes (Received)

Default Throwing up everyday!

Is it just me or do english bulldog just naturally throws up alot? I have a 1yr old bulldog and he just never stops throwing up. I tried switching his food many times but that did not help. I think a lot of is cause by him not chewing his food thoroughly. Im just getting sick of cleaning throw up everyday. Does anybody else have a bulldog that throws up all the time? Every time he throws up you can see what he ate prior and it just looks like his food is not digesting properly because he swallows his food without chewing. Can somebody help me please.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Throwing up everyday!

its not good that he's throwing up everyday is he loosing weight? If he eats to fast get him a cupcake pan an put his food in the little holes so he can slow down but I would he him checked out Franklin is 6 months an never thrown up my other dog is 3 an she's never but she's a staffie I hope he's ok

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

No, bulldogs are not supposed to throw up every day. Dogs do throw up once in awhile for some reason that is really harmless but every day is not harmless anymore. Throwing up brings digestive fluids in to his throat and irritates his system all the way, even if the reason is minor. In my opinion he should be checked by the vet.

Bulldog(s) Names
    capo
    Likes (Received)

He is not losing weight at all. He is as fat as can be. If anything I had to cut his food down because he was getting too fat. I am going to take him to the vet soon. I am also giving him fish oil. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Likes (Received)

I bought a pacer ball to make Jackson slow down his eating. He now eats slower and can no longer inhale his food like he used to. He goes through bouts of throwing up, but thankfully each time we switch his food it goes away (hopefully this switch to Fromm was the last switch!).

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

@ptran713 how much are you feeding your bully, throwing up daily is not good. We use a slow feed bowl for Bacon. Is Capo still normally?

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter
    Likes (Received)

Mine used to!!!! And I mean EVERY STINKING DAY! Thought it was an EN thing too! Came here and started reading about all the junk they put in his food. (He was on CD prescription diet) swapped him to castor & Pollux ultra mix and it seems to be a lot better! If he gets too excited or eats too fast he might still, but now it's like twice a month instead of twice a day! Try some pumpkin too -good for their tummies!

Good luck!!

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Yes, throwing up everyday is not normal, and it may just be he is eating too much, or too fast. Most dogs will swallow their food whole, so that is not the problem. I would try a slow feed bowl and cut out the fish oil to see it that will help.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Remove Ads