Help Needed! Throwing up everyday!

ptran713

Sep 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
capo
Is it just me or do english bulldog just naturally throws up alot? I have a 1yr old bulldog and he just never stops throwing up. I tried switching his food many times but that did not help. I think a lot of is cause by him not chewing his food thoroughly. Im just getting sick of cleaning throw up everyday. Does anybody else have a bulldog that throws up all the time? Every time he throws up you can see what he ate prior and it just looks like his food is not digesting properly because he swallows his food without chewing. Can somebody help me please.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: its not good that he's throwing up everyday is he loosing weight? If he eats to fast get him a cupcake pan an put his food in the little holes so he can slow down but I would he him checked out Franklin is 6 months an never thrown up my other dog is 3 an she's never but she's a staffie I hope he's ok

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
No, bulldogs are not supposed to throw up every day. Dogs do throw up once in awhile for some reason that is really harmless but every day is not harmless anymore. Throwing up brings digestive fluids in to his throat and irritates his system all the way, even if the reason is minor. In my opinion he should be checked by the vet.

OP
P

ptran713

Sep 20, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
capo
He is not losing weight at all. He is as fat as can be. If anything I had to cut his food down because he was getting too fat. I am going to take him to the vet soon. I am also giving him fish oil. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
I bought a pacer ball to make Jackson slow down his eating. He now eats slower and can no longer inhale his food like he used to. He goes through bouts of throwing up, but thankfully each time we switch his food it goes away (hopefully this switch to Fromm was the last switch!).

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
[MENTION=6109]ptran713[/MENTION] how much are you feeding your bully, throwing up daily is not good. We use a slow feed bowl for Bacon. Is Capo still :poo: normally?

Jackieshoes

Sep 30, 2012
Mississippi
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Mine used to!!!! And I mean EVERY STINKING DAY! Thought it was an EN thing too! Came here and started reading about all the junk they put in his food. (He was on CD prescription diet) swapped him to castor & Pollux ultra mix and it seems to be a lot better! If he gets too excited or eats too fast he might still, but now it's like twice a month instead of twice a day! Try some pumpkin too -good for their tummies!

Good luck!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yes, throwing up everyday is not normal, and it may just be he is eating too much, or too fast. Most dogs will swallow their food whole, so that is not the problem. I would try a slow feed bowl and cut out the fish oil to see it that will help.

Members online

No members online now.