General Question EBD Insurance Providers, Costs, & Experiences

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
I currently have insurance on Brutus Mayhem, however our insurance is through AKC & is $116 :barf: per month to include wellness and accidents covering 80%...... however A) I think that is to expensive & B) They are taking double the time to process his claim that they state on their website :nope: ..... If anyone has any good companies they would recommend, how much they are paying, or any details we would love to hear about it. We want to make sure Brutus is always protected, but we also want to make sure we are getting the best company with a good rate. :2thumbs:

*Brutus, Dee J, & Jay*

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
i have healthy paws its cheapest quote i found and has favorable reviews, no claims yet. no wellness, it does includes accidents, i have the 90% coverage and a deductible 0f 200 a year, i pay around 38 bucks a month. it also include hip dysplasia but there is a 12 month waiting period. hope this helps

OP
Dee J

Dee J

Oct 16, 2012
Denton, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus Mayhem AKA B-Ham AKA Brutty Boy
We were originally going to self insure, however AKC offered an initial free period so we took it & were so glad that we did since he had a fractured leg & diaphragmatic tear at 11/12 weeks. My girls don't, but I know the health issues that EBD's can have with so many health issues, we want to always be prepared no matter what comes our way in any situation.

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
I have Healthy Paws for Zeus, but fortunately , I have never had to use it!

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
Right now I'm looking at VPI, but can't quite decide as so many of them vary so much....
do check other threads regarding insurance, i seem to recall some comments regarding VPI.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
We had Trupanion for Maggie. After the first year they literally DOUBLED the monthly premium and came up with some stupid arse story that they were forced to do it because of the cost of veterinary bills. Yeah right ... vets have all doubled their fees in a 12 month period. When I cancelled they wouldn't let you until you spoke to a customer service advisor who tried to tell me that she understood all of my problems because she had a pug, and that I really shouldn't cancel Maggie's insurance. I did anyway .... so I got a letter from the customer service advisor telling me again how she understood all the problems and relating all the pros and cons of Bentley's insurance. Yep ... apparently I am the proud owner of Bentley the Bulldog. I wrote back and suggested that she change the name of the dog all the way through the letter next time she sent out her "personalised" letter to the owner!!

reallyrob

Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2010
Southern Illinois/Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
I have Trupanion and I have nothing but good things to say about them! I pay a little more for NO deductible and they reimburse me 90%. I pay approx $125 total for my English Bulldog and my Cocker Spaniel, so I don't think it is that bad....plus it has paid for itself a few times over already. My claims were paid within a week and had no troubles....it also covers hip displaysia.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I have Trupanion and I have nothing but good things to say about them! I pay a little more for NO deductible and they reimburse me 90%. I pay approx $125 total for my English Bulldog and my Cocker Spaniel, so I don't think it is that bad....plus it has paid for itself a few times over already. My claims were paid within a week and had no troubles....it also covers hip displaysia.

Lucky you!! My initial monthly payment for Maggie was about $62 a month, and after 12 months they increased the premium to $121 a month. That's with no deductible and 90% coverage after the office visit charge. :*(

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: the aspca has insurance I would check that out I think its like 60-70 a month for 80%-90%

Izzy's Mom

Sep 25, 2012
Houston - TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Izzy
I have VPI and I pay approx. $50 for the premium plus the wellness (covers neuturing, shots, teeth cleaning, etc). I did read some comments on previous threads about VPI having a limit of how much they cover.... to be honest I still need to investigate a little more about this. As far as the regular office visits VPI has reimbursed me for most of it and it even gave me $20 towards the microchip. It's easy to submit claims and they paid me back in a week.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online