Thread: Drank from community bowl ...did that cause her digestive problems?

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Magnolia
    Likes (Received)

Default Drank from community bowl ...did that cause her digestive problems?

We went to a bulldog gathering this past Saturday and she drank from a bowl of water that other dogs also drank from....it was extremely hard to monitor and keep her from drinking as all the dogs we doing the same. 24 hours later she started having diarrhea. Yesterday she ate well an d did not have a bowel movement until evening and then...same situation. This morning the same...has anyone had this? And antidototes for the diarrhea. Thanks.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Drank from community bowl ...did that cause her digestive problems?

Did she run herself to the point of exhaustion? I've seen Bacon get loose after playing hard. Good luck I'm sure more will be along shortly to give you a better answer.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Canned Pumpkin added to her food(about a tablespoon).... not pie filling...!

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)

not to scare you but last weekend their was a bully awareness gathering in PA an some dogs where poisoned an 2 out of the 5 puppies died they said they couldn't hold their head up they weren't eating it was so sad so please just be careful when you go to places like that I hope she gets better soon give her a big kiss for me

Pooper scooper
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Magnolia
    Likes (Received)

Just an update...it's been 5 days now and after feeding her ground turkey and rice for every meal...all is back to normal. The last post (about the poisoning) is horrible... I will be thinking about ways to avoid the community water bowls...

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Late to this one but I am glad she is doing better! The poisoning is beyond disturbing, wth?!?!?!?!

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by loveabully View Post
    not to scare you but last weekend their was a bully awareness gathering in PA an some dogs where poisoned an 2 out of the 5 puppies died they said they couldn't hold their head up they weren't eating it was so sad so please just be careful when you go to places like that I hope she gets better soon give her a big kiss for me
    Yea the poisoning thing is quite scary there was a big issue with that in NYC in the spring because someone was trying to poison the pigeons on the sidewalks of the upper east side and everyone's dogs were eating the poison instead

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)

you have to be twisted to poison any living thing its so wrong I hope they get what coming to them ten times over

Remove Ads