General Question Post neuter swelling

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Hi all. So tank was neutered last Wednesday and his scrotal sac was deflated TIL yesterday. Now it looks as if he had his testicles. Im assuming its just fluid but it just started yesterday. They aren't bigger than prior to neuter but is this normal? And how long before swelling subsides? He's been acting like his normal happy self. But from flat to swollen this much later? Advise please and thanks. :/

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
feel that area - does it feel 'HOT' (with infection?) Hershey was Neutered 2 weeks ago and we watched his stitches for any infection very closely. when in doubt, a call to the vet :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
When Brutus was nuetuerd for almost 2 months he still had what looked like his jewels...now they have a deflated look and the sskin shrunk too. i would give it sometime to see how it goes. If it feels hot it could be an infection.

Brutus had the disssolveable stiches and one of them didnt dissolve on its own which could have caused an infection/abcess thank goodness it didnt. Just keep an eye for now :)

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Some swelling is normal, but you need to make sure his temp. is normal and not elevated. Like [MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] said, if the area is extra warm to the touch and his temp is above normal he needs to go to the vet and get an antibiotic for his infection.

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350932065.573095.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350932135.992019.jpg they feel warm but not hot but does this look healthy?

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Ok after re feeling up his scrotum it doesn't feel warm but cool (he'd just been outside first time I felt)

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Looks full of fluid to me. In humans if we remove a testicle, we put on a jock strap!!! Do they make jock straps for bulldogs? LOL If he is up moving around more, that is why the swelling is more today. The fluid will go with gravity, but I would probably the vet a call to let him know. Give him a big hug from me and Zeus!!!

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Aw thanks big hugs back. Yes he's back to rambunctious self. Hard to subdue him . Is there any over the counter product I can give to help minimize swelling?

wheezer

Dec 16, 2011
MS
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus, Dexter
Nothing I know about! If the swelling remains the same, no redness or oozing, and no temperature, I think it will be okay and the swelling should start to decrease. Make sure you check the area for increased swelling or redness or discharge. Unfortunately, that is an empty sack that will hold fluid because the fluid will follow gravity. If he is not complaining, I would just try and keep him as quiet as possible and maybe keep him confined. He should return to normal soon. Hope this helps!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Looks kind of red, so I think a call to the vet wouldn't hurt.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.