Other Oh my gosh, I'm in love! DOG SHAMPOO/CONDITIONER

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Okay, so some of you may remember my post about the first shampoo we purchased, which was the oatmeal by Hertz. We weren't thrilled with how much Sir Remington was scratching after his bath, so I invested in another product.

I had my heart set on EarthBath products, but wasn't happy with what I was seeing. My local store didn't have a huge supply. The Mutty Nose caught my eye for a few reasons:

1) Made in Maine. I can't help it, I'm such a softy for American products
2) Had a line for U.Itchy which specifically targets irritated skin, hot spots, and is hypo-allergenic. It just seemed like a solid product I could stick to and not have to change often.
3) I remembered this line was recommended by one of you guys - I cannot remember which one of you did so - but whoever uses the Mutty Nose U.Berry please stand up! (And thank you!)
4) It had a matching conditioner, which really peaked my interest considering I really wanted to give Remi some soothed skin.

It's been an hour after his bath, and we've only seen about half the scratching, and the craziest thing is, his coat looks amazing. His whites are super bright and his fur practically glistens. I just wasn't expecting for his coat to look so fab - and definitely not better than when we first brought him home at 12 weeks. Anyway, I was seriously blown away. I will keep you guys updated the next few days to see how he takes to the new shampoo. We went about 2 weeks before we felt like he really needed a bath. (Remi sometimes gets a wee bit excited around kids, piddles, and rolls around in it!)

*edit: I was a little nervous about the smell at first. It was underwhelming and wasn't pleased with how it smelled out of the bottle. After Remi's fur dried though, it was awesome. It's perfumy yet comforting.

xoxoxo,
jane.

Pics of the clean puppy:
remicarpet.jpgremicoat.jpg

(btw, i can only get him to sit still on this carpet. totally weird.)

UPDATE: It's been almost a week and Remi hasn't shown a single sign of itching. I'm pretty amazed. I have noticed the smell is wearing off and he's beginning to get a little icky. Will probably bathe him every week or every other week on average. Will keep you posted on how that goes.

Last edited:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Thanks for sharing!!!! I've been using the Johnsons baby shampoo, and/or because all my bullies are mainly white I get the Selsun Blue because it makes them look even whiter!! Then for their faces I've been using the SPA blueberry and fresh vanilla facial scrub from Carolinas Pet Pantry. It's supposed to really help with tear stains, but I just like it because it makes them smell of blueberries!!! :up:

But I'm always looking for new stuff to try, so keep us updated!!!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
That's great news!!! I remember you saying how totally bummed about what you could use on him. Nice find!!:dancing:

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
cool ill keep that in mind if i need something else for sarah. :2thumbs:

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Oooooo! I might just try that next time for the accompanying shampoo that we must use on tail pockets/faces (Duoxo).

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.