General Question Is this yeast in the paw pad?

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I don't know if this is yeast or not. Wilson's been chewing at his paw lately. He's leaving it alone today though. I washed his feet other day thinking it was just from the grass and gave him a full bath yesterday. I was doing his nails this morning and he was on his back and relaxed and here's what I found.

I'm treating it with Mal-a-Ket wipes and Witch Hazel. Just not sure if it's yeast or an irritation.

63D58281-51B8-4783-A542-A14771AE8DAB-130-000000024F27F3D4.jpg

3C4E15AC-416A-499D-9FC6-200AA8E61C41-130-0000000249E864D5.jpg

I can pick these off - guess they're sorta like a moist scab? He let me put these on his tummy...awwww.
3A82DF71-3353-4467-AE09-F8A39AB929C5-130-00000002554E5C38.jpg

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
It looks like dried blood, don't ya think? maybe he chewed himself open or stepped in something? unless all his paws are like that, then it blows that theory

L

Lucy-licious

Looks like excessive yeast buildup to me. The Duoxo pads should get rid if it if used daily :hug:

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's pretty sensitive to him. I need to get some Duoxo pads to have on hand.

[MENTION=1714]Sherry[/MENTION], it's just that one pad.

L

Lucy-licious

It's pretty sensitive to him. I need to get some Duoxo pads to have on hand.

@Sherry, it's just that one pad.

Becky sends me Duoxo...I must say they are pretty amazing. They cleared Billy's tear stains in a week. They're magic in a tub IMO x

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
yea sarahs yeast will sometimes get that black stuff way down in the pad when its bad. you can put some hydrocortisone on it for the itching. yea ive used malaket for a while now and i think duoxo works better. i would maybe get some hibiclenz from the grocery store or drug store and soak it in that for a few then wash it off. then put some hydrocortisone cream on it for the itching make sure its dry first. yeast like wetness. antifungals will work to if you have some on hand.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
yea sarahs yeast will sometimes get that black stuff way down in the pad when its bad. you can put some hydrocortisone on it for the itching. yea ive used malaket for a while now and i think duoxo works better. i would maybe get some hibiclenz from the grocery store or drug store and soak it in that for a few then wash it off. then put some hydrocortisone cream on it for the itching make sure its dry first. yeast like wetness. antifungals will work to if you have some on hand.
Just over the counter hydrocortisone cream? I have that. I'll look for the other stuff. Ok, I'm ordering it now. Thanks sis!!!

L

Lucy-licious

Yeah, that special Lady Cream works wonders too...also as stuff in to stop the itch :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Just over the counter hydrocortisone cream? I have that. I'll look for the other stuff. Ok, I'm ordering it now. Thanks sis!!!
honestly sis i would not wait for the duoxo id get me some hibliclenz now and start treating it and yea just grocery or drug store hydrocortisone cream.

OP
JeannieCO

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks Ladies! I'll let you know how they work. I think I'll try them on Emma too for her tear stains.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.