URGENT!!! Philly vomiting since early this morning!! Help

OP
angelIV

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
Sorry I'm going to put a different spin on it. Take him to the ER now!
My 10 year old Jax was throwing up bile, I had taken him into the vet , they told me to do the boiled beef and rice deal and watch him. Still throwing up 4 days later but pretty active I take him back to the vet, this time they think it pancreatitis. Jax passed away a few days later. I'm writing this with tears running down my face and I'm trying to scare you into getting him checked out. This only happened a few weeks ago and I don't want to see it happen to anyone else.
sorry just my opinion.
Omg sorry for your lost, we really plan to take him tom to his vet if he still vomits tonight. I'm really worried about hepatic or panreatic disorders or any obstructions.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Wilson occasionally shows no interest in his food too. The other morning he just didn't want to eat (he's a sleepy head in the morning). Don't worry about that unless it's more than a day. Any chance he swallowed something and it's stuck inside him? Emma has thrown up on our bed several times. Wilson has too a time or two. I keep a light weight throw blanket on the bed where they sleep and it's saved my comforter a few times.

Hope Pilly fine. Don't stress out just yet.

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: my moms chocolate lab eats socks an then throws them up its so gross she tries so hard to keep the socks away from him he loves them for some reason but he won't. :poo: them out he will throw them up a couple days later an It's so gross I have to watch Franklin's every move he eats everything rocks, sticks, carpet fuzz, bugs, I take it out of his mouth before he gets to swallow it he can drive me nuts sometimes everytime I look at him he has something in his mouth these darn bullies but I can't live without him

OP
angelIV

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
update on philly since around 1pm he is down sleeping, woke up a bit still groggy then went back to sleep. Im waiting for him to wake up and alert to try make him eat something.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm hoping it's just a poorly tummy that he has and nothing more serious. I would go with your instincts on this one. Don't worry too much about the eating, it's the drinking that is more important. You need to keep getting fluids inside him.

OP
angelIV

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
great news, he ate his food! needed to put a can food toppers but he ate it, hopefully he is not allergic to lamb, went for a walk since he was begging for it and he did his thing poop was a bit soft but firm, not as big as the usual, pee was normal. so far everything is ok, hopefully tom. will be ok too. thanks to everyone.. i can sleep now, been up since 4am!!!! good thing im off today!!!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw im so glad things are back to normal. its so worrying when things arent right with our bullies. :D

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
Not so fast. If the vomit is yellow bile, it's from an empty stomach and this can be normal. If hes eating grass and such, yes he has a belly ache. I would give him a tums if you have one. If he is carrying on like normal, don't sweat it. Wait. and Watch

I concur, Sherry gives great advice.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Sorry I'm going to put a different spin on it. Take him to the ER now!
My 10 year old Jax was throwing up bile, I had taken him into the vet , they told me to do the boiled beef and rice deal and watch him. Still throwing up 4 days later but pretty active I take him back to the vet, this time they think it pancreatitis. Jax passed away a few days later. I'm writing this with tears running down my face and I'm trying to scare you into getting him checked out. This only happened a few weeks ago and I don't want to see it happen to anyone else.
sorry just my opinion.

Never apologize for giving advice. I'm so sorry for your loss and it's a frightening thing not to know what is happening. I think you gve great advice.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
great news, he ate his food! needed to put a can food toppers but he ate it, hopefully he is not allergic to lamb, went for a walk since he was begging for it and he did his thing poop was a bit soft but firm, not as big as the usual, pee was normal. so far everything is ok, hopefully tom. will be ok too. thanks to everyone.. i can sleep now, been up since 4am!!!! good thing im off today!!!
That's really good news. Keep us updated tomorrow and let us know if Philly's still doing good and eating. :)

OP
angelIV

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
Good morning , update on Philly woke up around 1 am he was licking on something I think he:barf: Or a lot of drool, again in our bed! Its slimy! Around 2 or 3am he fell off the bed! Don't know how, he move to his bed where he peed on it not a huge one. And again started to lick on it ( he thinks he can hide his accidents by licking it dry and no one goin to get mad). I'll give him food I a bit, if he still:barf: and not eat, it's of to vet today.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yeah I would take him to the vet, it's been going on for a while now, better to check it out, something is irritating his stomach for sure.

OP
angelIV

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
Just an update on Philly, vet did an x-ray all good on the stomach, he was given a shot for antiemetic drug, what the vet was concern of was the lungs, he said he may have a slight infection/asthma or seasonal allergy he was given prednisone shot low dose, also on prescription diet till Tom. Then back to the vet next week to start the antibiotic for the lungs. The vet wants to be on the safe side and wants to address it since its just starting. Other than that the vet said he is all good.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm so glad when I was reading this again. I was thinking that he could have ate something and that he was blocked up. Poor guy. :hugs:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.