URGENT!!! Philly vomiting since early this morning!! Help

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
We were sleeping in our bed, when I heard Philly scratching when I was about to get up:barf: on the bed:cursing::cursing:! Our bed! Did not see the color since our bed sheet is yellow. I took him down to the family room to his crate, this was around 4am, he slept till 6 went out the backyard to do his thing and:barf: again, it's around 9 we went out again he ate some twigs and grass and :barf: Twice! Other than being sleepy all the time yesterday, he was even excused and sent home from his school due to unattendtiveness oh I gave him the generic Benadryl from Walgreens he was itching yesterday, he is still a bit active, he ate last night, not yet this morning nor drank anything.
Can I give him pepto or something. I'm worried. He is active a stupid bird just flew straight to our Closed sliding door and hurt it self Philly going ballistic and wants to go out! Do I need to take him to the Er no diarrhea.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Not so fast. If the vomit is yellow bile, it's from an empty stomach and this can be normal. If hes eating grass and such, yes he has a belly ache. I would give him a tums if you have one. If he is carrying on like normal, don't sweat it. Wait. and Watch

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Great advice from sherry. Mine have all been sick with vomit here or there, and yes often from an empty stomach as well. I have never had reason to go to the drs tho so hang tight and just give extra snuggles. You can give pedialite also if you feel he is getting dehydrated.

OP
angelIV

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
Thanks, his first :barf: Was sticky and I think colorless not sure coz it was on the bedsheet, the others was somewhat foamy. As of now he drank some water but doesn't want to eat. Just worried! and wife Is helping the stupid bird that flew straight to our closed sliding door! I'm about to go out to get tums, we only have pepto.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He's not dry heaving is he? or gagging like crazy? Just occasionally vomiting

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
The not eating part does worry me. Does he normally eat with gusto? If he does feel suck to his stomach he won't eat but I would still be concerned. Great advice from Sherry above, keep an eye on him. You know him best and if you feel his behavior is not right trust your instincts.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
angelIV

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
He's not dry heaving is he? or gagging like crazy? Just occasionally vomiting
Nope, just the vomiting, my daughter and Philly is playing fetch. He is active, but still won't eat,.
@desertsky he is not the gusto type eater, sometimes we need to use our hands just for him to finish his meal. He is eating his dog treats (cheddar cheese)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:pray:Oh Dear. Poor baby. Hope he feels better soon. Could he have swallowed something you don't know about? My male Bulldozer want going to the bathroom for poop last week, which is very unusual for him, he usually goes every time. Early on Wed morning I had him and his sister out for their duties, and she went , and he didn't. I spent about 15 mins outside with him, still nothing. I had to take him inside as I had to go in the shower for work. My son was up, so I asked him to watch for signs that he might have to go to the washroom. I was just about to step into the shower, when I hear my son screaming up to me Mom, Mom, your dog just crapped in his crate. Another thing he never does. So I yell down can you please clean it up? I'm about to get in the shower, not dressed, and I'm going to be late for work. He says I'm not picking that up, you pick it up, and I'll clean the crate. Oh For Gods Sake, throw my shirt on, and go downstairs. I look in the crate and see a big pile of something, looked like it had like mushy kibble on it, food. I look at it again, and see some white colour in it. I say to my son that is not poop, it looks like he was sick. I grab the pile with a wad of paper towel, and at first I thought it was a bag or something, but after taking 2 plastic disposable forks and inspecting the pile, I found out it was one of my husbands white sweat socks. He had thrown it up. I don't know when he swallowed it, or how he got this sock, but glad he passed it. He has also eaten gauze and bandage at the vets after his neuter surgery. The vet said she put him into recovery, and 5 mins later when she checked on him, she saw that his bandages where his IV had even were gone. We were sent home that night with fibre food, to help push it through his digestive system. 4 days of this food and nothing but pudding poops, mushy, and soupy, poor guy. It took a week and then one evening I took him out, and he pooped out a very long poop, and lo and behold out came the gauze and bandage. So maybe he ate something, and you don't know it, and he's trying to throw it up. I hope whatever is bothering his tummy gets better soon.

Last edited:
OP
angelIV

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
Thanks biking girl, Philly still refuse to eat his food, only treats. No vomiting since 9:30am, sleeping now. He played with us, before sleeping still worried, we tried to feed home white rice he ate a handful and that's it. Still worried.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So he ate some cheddar cheese and some white rice. That is something. Try to relax, stressing out won't help ya. We're all here and been through most of this. It's ok. I'd really worry if all he did was lay around and had a temperature. and slime was coming out him. Exhale, we're with ya.:yes: If he doesn't eat anything else today, or drink, then you can worry some and call a vet tomorrow. don't panic. :shout: Just my opinion

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
First, it won't hurt him to fast for a day. Second, the local bulldog vet uses liquid pepto with bullies all the time. He said use the liquid, it takes the pills too long to break down. give him a spoonful and see what that does.

OP
angelIV

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
Thanks sherry, slime? His drool is a bit slimy, hope he eats later.

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
Sorry I'm going to put a different spin on it. Take him to the ER now!
My 10 year old Jax was throwing up bile, I had taken him into the vet , they told me to do the boiled beef and rice deal and watch him. Still throwing up 4 days later but pretty active I take him back to the vet, this time they think it pancreatitis. Jax passed away a few days later. I'm writing this with tears running down my face and I'm trying to scare you into getting him checked out. This only happened a few weeks ago and I don't want to see it happen to anyone else.
sorry just my opinion.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.