Passing Blood in Urine

arimaeis

Aug 14, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ms. Piggy
I believe Piggy is at the end of a heat cycle or may be out of heat already however I've noticed today that she is passing quite a bit of blood in her urine. She had quite a bit of bleeding while she was very actively in heat and I wasn't shocked by the blood at that point. The swelling in her "area" has receded over the past two days and it actually looks like she is passing more blood now than she was when the heat was obvious.

Am I wrong in assuming this is still part of the heat cycle? She is still eating like a horse and drinking water normally. She's not urinating more than normal. She's doesn't appear to be in any pain when she urinates, and she's acting normally.

Just worried about my bully, it's been a long time since I've dealt with a girl in heat.

She is due for a vet trip in two weeks for a spay but I may see if I can schedule her sooner to check this issue out.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
How long has she been in heat? Normally it can last for about 3 weeks.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
She may still be in heat but it certainly would not hurt to check her at the vet. Just in case she has a bad UTI?

OP
arimaeis

arimaeis

Aug 14, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ms. Piggy
Okay I just noticed a behavior that I'm now leaning towards the she's still in heat argument. She's harassing my Gabe who is a neutered mastiff. She's doing all sorts of bootie shaking in his face and posing and trying to hump his back leg. It's the first time I've seen this happen. Gabe is getting a little annoyed by it.

I'm going to keep an eye on it for a little while longer and she's got a vet visit coming soon.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Abby had a UTI once, the only way I knew is the blood in her urine. She acted normal, ate,etc....then one day she missed the grass and went on the sidewalk a little. I was in shock that there was blood in her urine. Personally I would ck just to be safe. I wonder if those home test kits for humans work for adults...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.