cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i hope this thread will help others who may go through this.

SquareDog

Mar 10, 2013
Philadelphia
Bulldog(s) Names
Loupotamus
Lou doesn't necessarily get them from allergies, he gets them from nerves. When we have to board him while we travel, we'll pick him up and he'll have hot spots all over him. We finally figured it out, now when he's boarded, he gets special attention from the staff so they can manage his worrisomeness.

bullyluv34

Aug 29, 2012
Imperial, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka "Frankie"
I am SOO glad I looked on here... We havent been on in a while, but Frankie Just got her first trip to the vet for this and they had to shave her right were Sara's spot is and also on the top of her head close the ear. I was putting Spray on it, but I thought she was just itchy from the grass. and she had a little scab from playing with my pug.

I felt HORRIBLE when the vet said that yes it was a hot spot and the spray I was using wasn't helping because her fur was collecting most of it.
They put her on antibiotics and gave her prednisone.
She pants all the time, but she has recently started panting really bad. this was very scary for me so I took her off the prednisone because I think she was having a reaction to it. The vet checked her heart before she perscribed it, but I just feel that she was panting A LOT after the 2nd day.
I am really thankful I seen your post .. Thank you. I took pictures after the vet shaved her and toady its looking great! They put some ointment on it there that made it instantly dry up so I am going to see if they can perscribe me that to have on hand. I have order some Zymox cream, but haven't received it yet.

bullyluv34

Aug 29, 2012
Imperial, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka "Frankie"
Also, may I ask where you got her shirt?(in the pic) It is adorable! The vet also told me to put a tshirt on her to keep her from scratching it.

My kids have 4 paws

Apr 13, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus and Paisley
Zeus had 2 hotspots about 2 weeks ago and I freaked out and went to the vet right away. They shaved the area and gave me a spray with alcohol in it to help dry it up and also antibiotics to prevent infection. It was baffling to me because I clean his face and neck daily. I was using some kind of wipes suppose gentle for dogs and I wonder if that ha something to do with it. I have switched to ultra sensitive baby wipes and his spots are almost complete gone.

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Also, may I ask where you got her shirt?(in the pic) It is adorable! The vet also told me to put a tshirt on her to keep her from scratching it.
if you are talking about the fleece she is wearing it was made by larip and was a christmas present to sarah from someone here.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
The visual can't be topped. It is so scary to think that it can progress so fast. Thank you so much for taking the time to show us the progression.

bullyluv34

Aug 29, 2012
Imperial, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka "Frankie"
I recently posted in this thread, but I have another question.... How often do these things come??? Frankie has had 2 more since my other post and now she is starting with another one :( I am doing everything but its like as soon as one heals another pops up in a diffrerent spot.. :( This just started happening and she is going to be 11 months on the 28th of this month.

Is this normal?

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
I recently posted in this thread, but I have another question.... How often do these things come??? Frankie has had 2 more since my other post and now she is starting with another one :( I am doing everything but its like as soon as one heals another pops up in a diffrerent spot.. :( This just started happening and she is going to be 11 months on the 28th of this month.

Is this normal?
no not really. id be looking at the food if he is getting them often. sarahs was caused by her food as i think most are. id be looking at a new food. where is he getting them. sarah got hers on her side n neck. did u change food recently or treats or table food. something is different now.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
"knocking on wood" Forde hasn't had any hotspots.........do we know what causes these? So sorry Sarah had to go through this.....:(

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
"knocking on wood" Forde hasn't had any hotspots.........do we know what causes these? So sorry Sarah had to go through this.....:(
its usually food related from what i know about it. but i think sometimes its environmental. its bacterial in nature

bullyluv34

Aug 29, 2012
Imperial, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Francesca aka "Frankie"
that's exactly where hers were.. She's been on Fromm Beef then, she got into my pugs dish (different food bc of is allergies :( ) about a month before they came no table food at all. She's been doing good here lately. Today is her 1st bday and I have her a special birthday cookie, so I hope its ok lol

OP
cowsmom

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
that's exactly where hers were.. She's been on Fromm Beef then, she got into my pugs dish (different food bc of is allergies :( ) about a month before they came no table food at all. She's been doing good here lately. Today is her 1st bday and I have her a special birthday cookie, so I hope its ok lol
aw well happy late birthday.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online