Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hot Spots the bad and the ugly of it

wow that was scary....i try not to overreact when i see something weird on lola, but NOW I WILL REACT ACCORDINGLY! thanks for the visuals..i think it will help many people when they search for help.

one question, has sarah always had problems with hotspots or did they start at a certain age?

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by aprilemari View Post
    wow that was scary....i try not to overreact when i see something weird on lola, but NOW I WILL REACT ACCORDINGLY! thanks for the visuals..i think it will help many people when they search for help.

one question, has sarah always had problems with hotspots or did they start at a certain age?
    no she has never had them before actually and she is 5.

Arts'y bulldog farts'y Become a 4 Paw Member ModernFemme's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jane
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sir Remington (Remi)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Wow, that's scary. Thanks for the education - will definitely keep my eyes peeled. And so glad your baby is healing up.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i hope this thread will help others who may go through this.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Loupotamus
    Likes (Received)

Lou doesn't necessarily get them from allergies, he gets them from nerves. When we have to board him while we travel, we'll pick him up and he'll have hot spots all over him. We finally figured it out, now when he's boarded, he gets special attention from the staff so they can manage his worrisomeness.
    Check out my blog about my adventures to get a children's book about my bulldog published: www.SquareDogRoundWorld.com! You can see pictures of Lou there too!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Francesca aka "Frankie"
    Likes (Received)

I am SOO glad I looked on here... We havent been on in a while, but Frankie Just got her first trip to the vet for this and they had to shave her right were Sara's spot is and also on the top of her head close the ear. I was putting Spray on it, but I thought she was just itchy from the grass. and she had a little scab from playing with my pug.

I felt HORRIBLE when the vet said that yes it was a hot spot and the spray I was using wasn't helping because her fur was collecting most of it.
    They put her on antibiotics and gave her prednisone.
    She pants all the time, but she has recently started panting really bad. this was very scary for me so I took her off the prednisone because I think she was having a reaction to it. The vet checked her heart before she perscribed it, but I just feel that she was panting A LOT after the 2nd day.
    I am really thankful I seen your post .. Thank you. I took pictures after the vet shaved her and toady its looking great! They put some ointment on it there that made it instantly dry up so I am going to see if they can perscribe me that to have on hand. I have order some Zymox cream, but haven't received it yet.
    Karen & Frankie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Francesca aka "Frankie"
    Likes (Received)

Also, may I ask where you got her shirt?(in the pic) It is adorable! The vet also told me to put a tshirt on her to keep her from scratching it.
    Karen & Frankie

Bully Bootie Duty My kids have 4 paws's Avatar
    Real Name
    Katie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zeus and Paisley
    Likes (Received)

Zeus had 2 hotspots about 2 weeks ago and I freaked out and went to the vet right away. They shaved the area and gave me a spray with alcohol in it to help dry it up and also antibiotics to prevent infection. It was baffling to me because I clean his face and neck daily. I was using some kind of wipes suppose gentle for dogs and I wonder if that ha something to do with it. I have switched to ultra sensitive baby wipes and his spots are almost complete gone.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by bullyluv34 View Post
    Also, may I ask where you got her shirt?(in the pic) It is adorable! The vet also told me to put a tshirt on her to keep her from scratching it.
    if you are talking about the fleece she is wearing it was made by larip and was a christmas present to sarah from someone here.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Francesca aka "Frankie"
    Likes (Received)

Its SOOO aforable
    Karen & Frankie

Doggie Boutique Owner christyjulene's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christy
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abbey
    Likes (Received)

The visual can't be topped. It is so scary to think that it can progress so fast. Thank you so much for taking the time to show us the progression.
    Abbey is looking for a forever home

Bulldog(s) Names
    Francesca aka "Frankie"
    Likes (Received)

I recently posted in this thread, but I have another question.... How often do these things come??? Frankie has had 2 more since my other post and now she is starting with another one I am doing everything but its like as soon as one heals another pops up in a diffrerent spot.. This just started happening and she is going to be 11 months on the 28th of this month.

Is this normal?
    Karen & Frankie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads