URGENT!!! Severe Hives

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
im glad she is feeling better. pred is awsome when dealing with something like that but im not a fan of it either for long term use.

lifeofbaku

Apr 23, 2017
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Baku
RAISED BUMPS ON BULLDOG?? LOOKS LIKE HIVES BASED ON RESEARCH AND IMAGES ONLINE???

Well folks, I had the same issue with my bulldog yesterday, I came home and he had these bumps all over his body and they weren't bloody or anything, it was just raised bumps under his fur and when I rolled his skin to see if it was fleas or there was any redness, everything underneath looked fine with the exception of the bumps. This in fact is HIVES. I realized that when the allergies get really bad outside for us Humans, bulldogs are also susceptible to allergies as well. The park by my home just planted fresh tulips for spring and I am sure that was the culprit along with the high pollen count in the air.

BEST ADVICE THAT ACTUALLY WORKED FOR ME: rinse the allergens off the skin, Aesop, an Australian brand has a great natural and soothing shampoo for dogs I gave him a bath that same night and by the next morning all the bumps were gone. I would recommend that your dog(s) be monitored to see if there is any scratching or rubbing of their faces. This might indicate fleas, but highly unlikely if you roll the fur and don't see any redness or site of a bite. The best thing to do is get rid of the allergens by thoroughly washing your pup, dry them out completely (even though they may not like it) and monitor them overnight. If the bumps don't go down, check the pollen count in the air, avoid tall grasses, and try using wipes after going outside to take off the "allergy dust" this really seems to help as bulldogs can be high maintenance when it comes to their skin and allergies. Keep the area clean and dry

Interdigital cysts my bull dog has mild ones in between his toes on almost all four paws, these will go down as the Spring season fades. Notice when the cysts arrived? Was it in the dead of winter? most likely not, so it must be from allergies. Try switching out the food you are using to one that is made for bulldogs, I like Royal Canin and Origins. Keep the area between the toes dry and clean, especially as yeast tends to build up there. Bulldogs have to stay clean, like all dogs, but their requirement for cleanliness is much higher especially if they already have sensitive skin and have allergies. A soothing oatmeal bath or the shampoo from Aesop used once a week will definitely improve the condition of your dog. Also, when you take them outside, use wipes to clean their paws in between baths so there is no dirt build up or bacteria that can cause the cysts to worsen. Eventually they will fade as long as you keep it clean and dry. Hope this helps!!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Everybody on this group hates Royal Canin LOL Is Origins dog food "Orijen" ? Now that's a good food !!

KODA Omni Clean Natural Therapeutic Foaming Shampoo for Pets was recommended recently and looks good too ! I personally think if you have a dog with allergies and interdigital cysts you should probably be using Malaseb or Curaseb or Ketohex shampoo since they are antifungal and antibacterial.

RAISED BUMPS ON BULLDOG?? LOOKS LIKE HIVES BASED ON RESEARCH AND IMAGES ONLINE???

Well folks, I had the same issue with my bulldog yesterday, I came home and he had these bumps all over his body and they weren't bloody or anything, it was just raised bumps under his fur and when I rolled his skin to see if it was fleas or there was any redness, everything underneath looked fine with the exception of the bumps. This in fact is HIVES. I realized that when the allergies get really bad outside for us Humans, bulldogs are also susceptible to allergies as well. The park by my home just planted fresh tulips for spring and I am sure that was the culprit along with the high pollen count in the air.

BEST ADVICE THAT ACTUALLY WORKED FOR ME: rinse the allergens off the skin, Aesop, an Australian brand has a great natural and soothing shampoo for dogs I gave him a bath that same night and by the next morning all the bumps were gone. I would recommend that your dog(s) be monitored to see if there is any scratching or rubbing of their faces. This might indicate fleas, but highly unlikely if you roll the fur and don't see any redness or site of a bite. The best thing to do is get rid of the allergens by thoroughly washing your pup, dry them out completely (even though they may not like it) and monitor them overnight. If the bumps don't go down, check the pollen count in the air, avoid tall grasses, and try using wipes after going outside to take off the "allergy dust" this really seems to help as bulldogs can be high maintenance when it comes to their skin and allergies. Keep the area clean and dry

Interdigital cysts my bull dog has mild ones in between his toes on almost all four paws, these will go down as the Spring season fades. Notice when the cysts arrived? Was it in the dead of winter? most likely not, so it must be from allergies. Try switching out the food you are using to one that is made for bulldogs, I like Royal Canin and Origins. Keep the area between the toes dry and clean, especially as yeast tends to build up there. Bulldogs have to stay clean, like all dogs, but their requirement for cleanliness is much higher especially if they already have sensitive skin and have allergies. A soothing oatmeal bath or the shampoo from Aesop used once a week will definitely improve the condition of your dog. Also, when you take them outside, use wipes to clean their paws in between baths so there is no dirt build up or bacteria that can cause the cysts to worsen. Eventually they will fade as long as you keep it clean and dry. Hope this helps!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.