Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I hope she gets better she's so cute I love her little puffy face

OP
Heff102

Heff102

I will show you my thingy if you show me yours!
Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Spoke to the vet. He advised Benadryl every 4 hours for the next few days. Like he said to pinpoint a allergy is very difficult. He hopes this is just something she will grow out of. Just took these pics of her eyes. She had a bigger outbreak again this morning.

Attachments

• 3-2.jpg
    3-2.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 100
  • 4-2.jpg
    4-2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 97
  • 5-2.jpg
    5-2.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 76

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Spoke to the vet. He advised Benadryl every 4 hours for the next few days. Like he said to pinpoint a allergy is very difficult. He hopes this is just something she will grow out of. Just took these pics of her eyes. She had a bigger outbreak again this morning.

My Dolly gets these hives every year at this time, not as severe as Lulu. I'm sure it''s coming from either the fallen Maple tree leaves or the Weeping Cherry tree leaves. It's always after she's been outside. We try to keep the leaves raked and bagged.

004.jpg

OP
Heff102

Heff102

Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Lulu woke up from a nap and was wheezing pretty bad so we called the vet and brought her in as an emergency case.
The vet administered Dexamethasone along with some Vanectyl P pills. Her wheezing has stopped and the hives seem to be subsiding slightly.
Hopefully the next few hours things will improve more.

Stay tuned.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Oh my hef praying hard for your baby to get better. It hard when they are sick

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman

awww poor baby!!!! i hope she isnt itching too much and I hope the Benadryl is working for her now.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:ohmy: I'm so sorry this is happening to sweet LuLu. I hope this calms down and you are able to figure out the problem. She looks so uncomfortable and you seem so upset.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Oh my, I hope she gets better quick. She's deff got a severe reaction to something. I'll be checking in later to see how she's doing. Exhale if you can

L

Lucy-licious

Lulu woke up from a nap and was wheezing pretty bad so we called the vet and brought her in as an emergency case.
The vet administered Dexamethasone along with some Vanectyl P pills. Her wheezing has stopped and the hives seem to be subsiding slightly.
Hopefully the next few hours things will improve more.

Stay tuned.

oh Heff....that's a serious reaction she's had :hug:
give her a squeeze for me and I'll say some extra prayers for her xx

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh poor thing. :( Hope she gets better soon. I've never experienced hives before. I saw them for the first time with Henny bully Finn this past weekend but he only had a few.

My Dolly gets these hives every year at this time, not as severe as Lulu. I'm sure it''s coming from either the fallen Maple tree leaves or the Weeping Cherry tree leaves. It's always after she's been outside. We try to keep the leaves raked and bagged.
That's for that info Sherry. We have a maple tree too. Never thought about leaves falling before that could cause problems.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
That's the thing that's scarey with hives...if they're swelling on the OUTSIDE they can be swelling on the INSIDE too - hence the wheezing.

P7200007.jpg Bea's first bout with hives (as pictured at left) was severe and frightening. She's never had hives like this since. Not once. She got into something at last September's Bullyfest event at Marymoor. We were all over that park that day. Who knows what it was?

I know you are upset Heff - because you don't want anything to happen to Lulu. Don't worry. She's not sickly. She's just a classic, adorable and sweet little EB!

OP
Heff102

Heff102

Community Veteran
Jul 7, 2012
Humboldt, SK
Bulldog(s) Names
Lulu
Glad to report Lulu is back to her 100% self this morning. All her swelling etc has gone away and hopefully will stay away.
She will be on Vanectyl P for the next 10 days. I am not a huge fan of prednisone but I guess it has its place at times.

Here is hoping this is the last time we have to deal with this.

FYI- Emergency call to the vet after hours cost me $192.00.......ouch.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.