Other Billy Update

L

Lucy-licious

Update on Billy.....his face broke out last week, spots red and bald patches...I took him off his kibble and it seemed to start improving. Anyways the other day it happened again, only much worse, his poor little eye was practically swollen shut and all his face is is red raw :( Chris got him in the vet last night and our poor little soldier has Dermadex Mites...got antibiotics and special wash to apply once a week for 4 weeks. I've gone back to his home cooked diet and am adding supper time snacks of scrambled egg or Pilchards with a good dollop of yoghurt...any other suggestions of immune system boosting foods greatly accepted :D

He's also booked in to have Cherry eye surgery on Monday too.....we were hoping he would grow out if it like Lucy did but its just getting worse...Patrick (our vet) is going to remove his 3rd eyelids...he explained that its the best option as tacking in such severe cases as Billy's usually results in it needing to be repeated later on. Apparently the 3rd lid is only responsible for 20% tear production so dry eye is unlikely but easily solved with eye drops.

He was going to neuter him at the same time but one if Billy's Bon Bons hasn't shown itself yet so the operation will be too big at the moment...we are holding out until 8 months to see if it drops...if not he will have to have the more invasive surgery to retrieve it then.

Please spare a thought or two for my little man :love:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:

kim n the guys

Community Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
Holt, MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver, Sebastian, Remy, Gracie, and Tonka (10-21-07 to 05-29-14 RIP)
:hug: for Billy!!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Maggie's cancer was linked to her immune system.

Through research and the advice of our fantastic holistic vet we added the following mix to her Fromm.

Salmon
Chopped spinach
Carrots
Kidney beans
Canned beet root
Flaxseed oil

It actually tasted pretty good!!!!

OP
L

Lucy-licious

Maggie's cancer was linked to her immune system.

Through research and the advice of our fantastic holistic vet we added the following mix to her Fromm.

Salmon
Chopped spinach
Carrots
Kidney beans
Canned beet root
Flaxseed oil

It actually tasted pretty good!!!!

hope you didn't taste it with the Fromm in Karen xx

does Spinach have Vit C in...I'm looking for a good source of Vit C that won't make him stink...so far I have come up with broccoli and sprouts :eek: might just get Vit C supplements.

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
"It never rains, but it pours" Poor Mr. Billy..He's at that age where these things raise their ugly head.... At six months Dublin seemed to get everything all at once. Demodex, allergies, and breathing issues... He is in very good hands so . :2thumbs: keep us posted.

OP
L

Lucy-licious

"It never rains, but it pours" Poor Mr. Billy..He's at that age where these things raise their ugly head.... At six months Dublin seemed to get everything all at once. Demodex, allergies, and breathing issues... He is in very good hands so . :2thumbs: keep us posted.

Our vet laughed and asked if Billy was reading through the Standard Book of Bulldog Ailments.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I was going to say beans, spinach, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots myself, looks like you got it covered. I also give a Nuvet while home cooking. I also do eggs and yogurt added here and there and salmon oil.

We have never had mange so I am no help there :(.

Poor Billy can't catch a break! Sounds like his cherry is not just cosmetic either, or maybe his allergies are not helping the situation. Sure wish you did not have to put him under twice :(

I really feel for you all, it is so hard when you have to try to sort out so many things at once :(. :hug:

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Poor sweetie Billy :(

For vitamin C, natural is always the best way to go if possible. It's easiest to absorb and doesn't have all the additives that supplements do. You can add things like oranges, strawberries, bell peppers, melon, tomatoes, broccoli, and herbs like parsley, basil and cilantro to his diet and I guarantee he will love it.

For immune system support I always head for the coQ10. 1 or 2mg per pound of body weight will fix him up right quick :2thumbs:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi just reading about your baby, poor thing, hope you can find something to relieve his skin problems, my Blossom also seems to have a pink face and tearing eyes, just switched from Royal Canin to Fromms Puppy, loose stools, and face still pink, think I'm going to try the Fromms Beef Fritata. And Blossom was spayed 3 weeks ago, and had her right eye operated on for cherry eye, that came out when she was 5 months old, now at 8 months old her left eye also came out, and she is scheduled for surgery on Nov 9th to fix it, my vet sews them back in, she did a beautiful job, I hope they don't come back out again. Hope everything goes well, for Billy, sending lots of Bully love and prayers for him, from me and Dozer and Blossom, they hope he feels better soon. Try not to worry too much, I know it's hard not to.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Sweet Billy. Hoping for a speedy recovery for the little man! Hugs to you also.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.