General Question Post neuter med question

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Hi guys, me again. So Tank wAs nuetered yesterday and they gave me Rimadyl for him 75 mg. he took one last night, one this morning and one tonight. He has one pill left for tomorrow. My question is how many days SHOULD he take the pain pills?

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
When my Tank was neutered, we only did the pain meds for the first and second day. Its better that they not have pain meds after that unless absolutely needed. A little pain will hopefully keep them from doing too much and and hurting themselves.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
The Rimadyl can b cut in two so I was thinking half in morning and half at night. That way it will be 48 hrs w no pain.... Is that the usual that vets dispense for a neuter? Been a long time since I went through this so I'm kindA rusty, ALSO, does the skin shrink or will he have saggy scrotal skin?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Usually only two days is enough.

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
How old is you pup? We had Tank neutered at 6 months and his skin has drawn up quite a bit, but it has taken some time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Yes..I would cut in half and give half a pil 12 hours part. And 2 to 3 days should be ok. Rimadyl only stays in system for 8 to 12 hours, so if you don't give every 12 hours, he will be hurting when dose wears off. Hope he is resting!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi,I had Bulldozer neutered 3 weeks ago, and Blossom was spayed the week before. When Blossom came home she had 5 syringes of her pain medicine. The medicine was called Metacam, I don't remember the dose, but the vet said it Tate's like honey, so they like it. They got the medicine once every 24 hours, Blossom was on it for 4 days, she was spayed and had stitches, plus we fixed her cherry eye at the same time, but she didn't need the lat dose, and Dozer went home with 5 syringes as well, but only needed it for 3 days. Both of them acted like they never had surgery, trying to jump, and play, vet said keep them quiet , no running, or jumping for 7 days, yeah right, tell that to a bulldog. Lol. The 1st night Blossom whined, I wasn't sure if she was in pain, or just being sucky, so I let her sleep beside me on the couch in the evening, she jumped off the side of the couch, crazy girl, the next day, I took her out for a pee, and she started chasing blowing leaves, and rolled on the ground, she wasn't being quiet. Dozer was fine too after 2 or 3 days as well. As for the skin after being neutered, my vet said it shrivels up after a while, I don't know how long it takes though.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I don't remember them sending Otis home with anything for pain when he lost his boys. I know they gave him antibiotics but nada for pain. I also remember the fathead ripping out his stitches the next day :cursing:

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Oh wow!!!! He hasn't even tried to look at it. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350657636.875679.jpg this is a pic from rear . I can't imagine what it would look like if he did rip..., I think I'd faint lol.

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
Oh wow!!!! He hasn't even tried to look at it. View attachment 29003 this is a pic from rear . I can't imagine what it would look like if he did rip..., I think I'd faint lol.

It wasn't so bad. It was the day after so it had already started to heal. I just put a couple steri strips on it just in case it opened or bled. He barely even has a scar now.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.