Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Very yeasty facial folds.

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

Default Very yeasty facial folds.

So it appears I am dealing with a yeast infection in the facial folds and nose rope. I unfortunately believe I caused this with a veggie melody I made duchess while switching her from natures variety frozen raw to homemade raw diet. @porkysmamma suggested monistat 7 and it was working then all the sudden over night, after feeding the veggie melody, both face folds and nose rope were very,very red and irritated. I called my vet and he said get duoxo pads.,tonight is the first night I am using them. I am going to call back in the morning and see if he will give me a prescription for panalog cream as I am out of town and can't go for office visit. Any other suggestions that might work until I get back home, if he won't give me panalog prescription.

Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Very yeasty facial folds.

Quote Originally Posted by Scueva View Post
    So it appears I am dealing with a yeast infection in the facial folds and nose rope. I unfortunately believe I caused this with a veggie melody I made duchess while switching her from natures variety frozen raw to homemade raw diet. @porkysmamma suggested monistat 7 and it was working then all the sudden over night, after feeding the veggie melody, both face folds and nose rope were very,very red and irritated. I called my vet and he said get duoxo pads.,tonight is the first night I am using them. I am going to call back in the morning and see if he will give me a prescription for panalog cream as I am out of town and can't go for office visit. Any other suggestions that might work until I get back home, if he won't give me panalog prescription.

I asked a very similar question today and @desertskybulldogs recommended Malacetic Ultra as well as the Panalog.

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

@elearn from what I understand malacetic wipes are no longer available duoxo pads are similar. Panalog ointment is also not available. 1800petmeds.com has a generic for it though. It's just getting a prescription while out of town that is tricky.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@elearn from what I understand malacetic wipes are no longer available duoxo pads are similar. Panalog ointment is also not available. 1800petmeds.com has a generic for it though. It's just getting a prescription while out of town that is tricky.
    Ahh OK. I have the Duoxo pads, but they didnt seem to work too well. However, I've seen some stuff in the grocery store called Hibiclens that has the same stuff as the Duoxo pads, except it is a little stronger. I was wondering if that would work, and surely enough a few days later someone here on EBN suggested using Hibiclens as a replacement for Duoxo pads (its cheaper too).

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Ali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
    Likes (Received)

franklin got a really bad yeast infection on his tail all I used was apple cider vinegar an water put it in a spray bottle half/half sprayed it on the tail it will burn the first time you do it but it stops you just have to keep with it an in 4 days it was gone an now I give him apple cider vinegar in his water every day so he will never get it again ACV is so good for dogs it levels their PH it keeps the bacteria away in the body it helps them digest everything properly so you should really give that a try its 100% real ACV I get a big jug of it an it works great an they actually love the taste of it oh an I put it on baby wipes an wash his tear stains with it an wash his body the weeks I don't bath him so if you need anything just pm me good luck

Potty Trainer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Doughnut
    Likes (Received)

My guy gets them but from general dampness in his deep folds. I wipe them outt w a baby wipe, dry them and then apply desitin.

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

I just got in a container of 100 Malacetic wipes - ordered from Amazon.com just last week

http://www.amazon.com/DermaPet-Malac.../dp/B0002WPTI4

Wrinkle Wiper Become a 4 Paw Member Raspberryswirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oswald Cobblepot
    Likes (Received)

Yeah, I have had no problem getting Malacetic wipes at all. I love the apricot smell!!
    "The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so he can breathe without letting go." - Winston Churchill

If only we humans were made that way.

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

@RaRett thanks for the link. Are these better than duoxo pads? I could find an ingredient list.

Bully Bootie Duty
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

I use this every day ( malacetic ultra or the regular) and my puppy goes NUTTS. He will run around like it is stinging him or something. If I just use something like Epi octic it doesnt seem to bother him but for some reason that Malaectic on his face folds and rope makes him run around the room for a bit. Hero

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by DoughnutsMom View Post
    My guy gets them but from general dampness in his deep folds. I wipe them outt w a baby wipe, dry them and then apply desitin.

This will work great
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RaRett View Post
    I just got in a container of 100 Malacetic wipes - ordered from Amazon.com just last week

http://www.amazon.com/DermaPet-Malac.../dp/B0002WPTI4
    I will look into these - but I have the Duoxo pads and Herman runs like the dickens from them. He seems to be afraid of round pads LOL. If these look like baby wipes he'll probably tolerate them. Do you have to dry the folds after using these?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads