Help Needed! Very yeasty facial folds.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
So it appears I am dealing with a yeast infection in the facial folds and nose rope. I unfortunately believe I caused this with a veggie melody I made duchess while switching her from natures variety frozen raw to homemade raw diet. [MENTION=5186]porkysmamma[/MENTION] suggested monistat 7 and it was working then all the sudden over night, after feeding the veggie melody, both face folds and nose rope were very,very red and irritated. I called my vet and he said get duoxo pads.,tonight is the first night I am using them. I am going to call back in the morning and see if he will give me a prescription for panalog cream as I am out of town and can't go for office visit. Any other suggestions that might work until I get back home, if he won't give me panalog prescription.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
So it appears I am dealing with a yeast infection in the facial folds and nose rope. I unfortunately believe I caused this with a veggie melody I made duchess while switching her from natures variety frozen raw to homemade raw diet. @porkysmamma suggested monistat 7 and it was working then all the sudden over night, after feeding the veggie melody, both face folds and nose rope were very,very red and irritated. I called my vet and he said get duoxo pads.,tonight is the first night I am using them. I am going to call back in the morning and see if he will give me a prescription for panalog cream as I am out of town and can't go for office visit. Any other suggestions that might work until I get back home, if he won't give me panalog prescription.

I asked a very similar question today and [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] recommended Malacetic Ultra as well as the Panalog.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=5580]elearn[/MENTION] from what I understand malacetic wipes are no longer available duoxo pads are similar. Panalog ointment is also not available. 1800petmeds.com has a generic for it though. It's just getting a prescription while out of town that is tricky.

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
@elearn from what I understand malacetic wipes are no longer available duoxo pads are similar. Panalog ointment is also not available. 1800petmeds.com has a generic for it though. It's just getting a prescription while out of town that is tricky.

Ahh OK. I have the Duoxo pads, but they didnt seem to work too well. However, I've seen some stuff in the grocery store called Hibiclens that has the same stuff as the Duoxo pads, except it is a little stronger. I was wondering if that would work, and surely enough a few days later someone here on EBN suggested using Hibiclens as a replacement for Duoxo pads (its cheaper too).

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: franklin got a really bad yeast infection on his tail all I used was apple cider vinegar an water put it in a spray bottle half/half sprayed it on the tail it will burn the first time you do it but it stops you just have to keep with it an in 4 days it was gone an now I give him apple cider vinegar in his water every day so he will never get it again ACV is so good for dogs it levels their PH it keeps the bacteria away in the body it helps them digest everything properly so you should really give that a try its 100% real ACV I get a big jug of it an it works great an they actually love the taste of it oh an I put it on baby wipes an wash his tear stains with it an wash his body the weeks I don't bath him so if you need anything just pm me good luck

DoughnutsMom

Jul 18, 2011
Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Doughnut
My guy gets them but from general dampness in his deep folds. I wipe them outt w a baby wipe, dry them and then apply desitin.

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] thanks for the link. Are these better than duoxo pads? I could find an ingredient list.

Hero4u2b

Aug 24, 2012
Palm Beach County Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Buddy
I use this every day ( malacetic ultra or the regular) and my puppy goes NUTTS. He will run around like it is stinging him or something. If I just use something like Epi octic it doesnt seem to bother him but for some reason that Malaectic on his face folds and rope makes him run around the room for a bit. Hero

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Yeah, I have had no problem getting Malacetic wipes at all. I love the apricot smell!! :D

APRICOT ! ! ! That is what it smells like ! we couldnt put our finger on it ! ! ! we've only used them for a week so far and I havent seen any changes yet

Corlando465

Feb 16, 2012
Lexington, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I love the Malacetic Wipes and Yes, they are like baby wipes. Tank's nose dimples got really irritated. I didn't realize they were so deep and had not been very diligent about cleaning them. Bad Momma! Called the vet for Panalog and was told they don't sell that any longer. He recommended Duoxo pads which cleared it up quickly, but they are pretty expensive for everyday use. 30 pads for $29 from vet and $16 on Amazon. The Malacetic Wipes are $15 on Amazon for 100 and they work just as well for every day face and body wipes and they do smell like Apricots! :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I think she is getting ready to go into heat. Could this be a contributing factor to yeast build up?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.