Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Very yeasty facial folds.

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Very yeasty facial folds.

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Panolog's available all over the internet? Could it be that he's just not carrying it anymore?
    Every site I found says discontinued due to manufacturer back order. Called petmeds and they offer animax which is the generic. At that point my vet already faxed me the prescription. My hands r kind of tied. I mean not very many vets will give a prescription without an office visit. So I'm just grateful he offered me something. I will asked him about the generic from petmeds or another comparable when I go for office visit next weds.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Scueva View Post
    Every site I found says discontinued due to manufacturer back order. Called petmeds and they offer animax which is the generic. At that point my vet already faxed me the prescription. My hands r kind of tied. I mean not very many vets will give a prescription without an office visit. So I'm just grateful he offered me something. I will asked him about the generic from petmeds or another comparable when I go for office visit next weds.
    Ok then it's really just backordered, I hope. I saw it on Foster & David's website. That was a great idea to email your vet. I've done that with mine too after Emma started bleding after her heat. I got a response back.

Try here http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/RxPetInfo.cfm

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

ok im late to this but heres my 2 cents. doesnt have to be the protein that is causing this. you are giving many supplements also. not saying they are bad but when tracking down an allergy you have to start from the ground up and if its getting worse it maybe that you are still giving it something that is causing it or could also be it will take a few days to get out of the system. with bullies you have to look at the tiniest thing from treats to supplement to food to even heartworm meds. id stop everything and just feed the food. if it gets better cool then you know its one of the supplements if not then you need to keep searching. until you stop the cause all you do is treat the symptoms and they wont get better. the vet has already prescribed stuff so i wont go into treatment for it. in the future i use chloraseb flush that i get from entirely pets to treat ear yeast and bacteria as you can wipe out the ear and put it in the canal to. malaket wipes can be used to wipe the ear and then squeezed down into the canal also. i like duoxo for yeast and face folds and you may also need to put an anti fungal on it to or maybe wipe some lotrimin powder in it as well. i hope your baby gets better.

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

@cowsmom thanks for the reply, I'm almost positive that this arose from the fruit/veggie mix. I have been giving other supplements for well over a month but when I gave the veggies it literally happened over night, I think it make have been too rich in sugar which I have been reading yeast feeds on. What do you think? Have you ever heard or used the cream my vet prescribed mupirocin? It was a bit pricey $48 for a tiny tube.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

@cowsmom thanks for the reply, I'm almost positive that this arose from the fruit/veggie mix. I have been giving other supplements for well over a month but when I gave the veggies it literally happened over night, I think it make have been too rich in sugar which I have been reading yeast feeds on. What do you think? Have you ever heard or used the cream my vet prescribed mupirocin? It was a bit pricey $48 for a tiny tube.
    ive never use this on a dog but it is prescribed in my pharmacy with good results. its may take some time then for it to clear up if it was the mix that caused it. yes yeast is caused by wetness and sugar so make sure the folds stay dry. looks like your dog will be a meat bully for a bit. you may want to give some benadryl for itching till the face calms down.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

Okay, I'm no expert by any means, but I'm thinking you might ought to go back to the where you were before this all started. Keep treating her face and ears, but go back to the patties until it all clears up and then move forward, one new food at a time. The slow introductions will hopefully make it easy to see what foods triggered this reaction. Hope your baby is better soon!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

What do you guys recommend for an anti fungal shampoo?

Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

So when duschess was younger she would try to chew on the metal legs of the coffee table to sooth her gums. LAst night she jammed her face into the legs of the coffee table. Im assuming to sooth her face. She stayed like that for a good 15 minutes. @Meggs19 I did switch her protein to duck as of yesterday thinking a possible beef allergy but nothing changed if anything maybe a bit worse. Like I said she was on beef for a good 3 weeks prior. She also gets a daily probiotic, braggs ACV, salmon oil and coconut oil on alternating days. Here is a pic of her lst night.
    Attachment 29012
    Poor baby!! Just as an FYI, when I stopped giving Herman salmon oil, I noticed that his eyes were less red and his ears didnt have little red bumps in them anymore and he stopped shaking his head. So it could be the salmon oil as well - or like others have said, any of the other supplements that she might be allergic to.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hero4u2b View Post
    I use this every day ( malacetic ultra or the regular) and my puppy goes NUTTS. He will run around like it is stinging him or something. If I just use something like Epi octic it doesnt seem to bother him but for some reason that Malaectic on his face folds and rope makes him run around the room for a bit. Hero
    I'm not sure the Malaecitic should be used everyday? I always thought so .... I could be wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

I discontinued using Desitin on Maximus ever since he began wiping his face all over my furniture and destroyed all of it - now I have furniture stained with Desitin ointment! No Thanks! I'll stick to Trichlorz-4 wipes or the Duoxo pads, which is all nothing more than Chlorhexidine and you can buy a jug of it yourself and make your own wipes.

Real Name
    Hans Gruber
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

Just saw this feed now, hope everything worked out okay with you pup.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

I use the Animax on Tonka since he has bad allergies and his folds get irritated and wet and we really like it! I have never tried the stuff you were prescribed. Has anyone heard negative things about the 1800petmeds? I would maybe look into that. My vet told me to be wary of that-something about not always knowing what was in the product or bad experiences with it. I can't say for sure but we were directed to foster & smith instead. Just something to look into.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Remove Ads