Help Needed! Does your bulldog have this much pink in his eyes?

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi,
Check out these pic Bongo has always had this much pink showing in the corner of his eyes. Shows more when he looks up or up and to the left or right. Nothing popping out like I've seen it pics of dogs with cherry eye. What do you guys think?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350526159.525984.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1350526172.654284.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using
Frank. D

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
It's the skin that does protrude when they get cherry eye :-/ it's the third eyelid and the fact that you can see it doesn't necessarily mean it's bad he may go his whole life with out ever getting one!!! Unfortunately I know all about this third eyelid we had to have all the excess of our girls removed because shed get 4-5 cherry eyes per day!!!!!! But knock on wood since she had her surgery she hasn't had a single one :D!!!!!! If he does ever start to get them I'd suggest having it tightened ASAP we weighed the pros n cons of stitching vs removal n removal is so much better her eyes r perkier n she doesn't have dry eye like some vets will warn u about although some bullies naturally have dry eyes :(!!!!!!

OP
Fbjdd

Fbjdd

Mar 16, 2012
Coquitlam, British Columbia, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bongo
Hi all,

Just a update it seems his eyeballs have grown into his huge head and a normal amount of pink in the corner is showing. Thanks for easing my worries.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353286875.003257.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using
Frank. D

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
The redness may just be allergies, or irritation. How old is Bongo? My female Blossom, got cherry eye at 5 months in her right eye, and we fixed it at the same time as her spay surgery at 7 months, then the left eye came out at 8 months old, and we just fixed it a week ago. She had pink eyes prior to getting cherry eye, but she also has allergies / sensitivities to chicken, corn or fillers? We changed her food 4 times since we got her in June, and am feeding her Fromms Beef Fritata, and she is doing much better. Her eyes are still pink and teary sometimes, but the vet says this is normal after cherry eye surgery, and she still has cream and drops for her eye, so should get better with time. I don't know if the redness was caused by the food sensitivities, or the cherry eye? Or visa versa. Just keep an eye on it , and see what develops. Good luck

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)
This is remi to a T. Getting a bit nervous... Let's cross our fingers, yah??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.