URGENT!!! K 9 Advanticjs 2

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
image.jpgI put k9 Advantics 2 on Maggie last night and while brushing her today I see it burned her skin! This is the worst spot, there is one other area that is irritated but not as bad. The vet and the company hotline just say to wash it off with dawn dish detergent, I feel so bad for putting this on her! Obviously I will never use this product again and just want to warn others to be carefull if they do use it. After reading some horror stories of this and other flea and tick products I'm wondering if anyone here uses an all natural product?

Baconator

Apr 12, 2012
Northern NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
We use frontline on Bacon and haven't had any issues, we also use shampoo with tetri and mint oil in it which is supposed to be a natural deterrent to tics.

SunDog

Mar 26, 2011
California
Bulldog(s) Names
Lupe (or Lulu)
Wow. I hate using any of that stuff, but that is the brand everyone (that I've asked) says has worked best in our region. Unless there's a crazy infestation, I will definitely stick to regular baths and nightly grooming. Thanks!!

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I use it an never had a problem I used frontline an it didn't work at all for me that's why I went with that my mother in law uses it to an she's never had a problem I wanted to find something maybe that is a pill that works really well so you might of just made my mind up thanks for posting I hope she gets better soon

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
I use Revolution and have never had a problem with it. I've learned that food grade dichotemous earth (powder) is good for killing fleas and other insects with that type of exoskeleton(?) that are on the dogs fur (and also works to kill parasites in the intestines) and neem oil works as a pesticide and repellent. There is something else that's a repellant that I cant think of right now, something like citrus or another strong smelling oil. These are some options I might look into.

Tank1023

Oct 16, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Sausage
I used frontline on my first boy tank and never had issues. Gotta be honest since I live in Colorado we don't have a bad flee or tick problem I never used anything on my second boy and he never had flee or tick BUT it is hard to get them while lying on the couch.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
I have used it repeatedly on my crew and have never had a reaction like that. Frontline quit working in our area, So I switched to that.

OP
maggies mom

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
She has never had a flea or tick so Im thinking I may stick to grooming for the winter and see how it goes. I have used frontline before with no problems. I switched because my trainer recommended Advantics but every dog is different I guess, if it becomes an issue I may have to go back to that. She seems to be so sensitive to everything!

OP
maggies mom

maggies mom

Aug 22, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
maggie
I used frontline on my first boy tank and never had issues. Gotta be honest since I live in Colorado we don't have a bad flee or tick problem I never used anything on my second boy and he never had flee or tick BUT it is hard to get them while lying on the couch.
Lol yes the couch is where she spends the majority of her day! I don't worry so much about fleas but we do have a bad tick problem where we live there are alot of deer.

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I don't put any chemicals on Amber but I do use chemicals on my yard. I treat the yard monthly and every quarter it is treated with heavier doses of chemicals. I would rather have the liquid chemicals on the yard than on Amber or the other pets. Several of my co-workers use all natural products but have problems with fleas getting on their pets. I try to stay as natural as possible with the pets but the bugs have to go at all costs.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Ouch .. that really does look like a severe reaction!! I've heard of other bullys having reactions to flea and tick treatments and it's not always the same brand. I think it may just be a case of hit and miss as to which one would work for you.

I really hate having to put any type of chemicals on them, and so as soon as our wonderful Ohio winter arrives with the many feet of snow that comes with it, I do stop treating them until it starts to get warm again. :coldout::snowing:

Most Reactions