Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Re: Yeasty paw pads???

If you do the 'sniff test' and their paws smell like Corn Chips, then yes, its a yeast problem - we handled Gizmo's (minor) yeast problem by doing the following (yeast are living things) you need to kill off the Yeast Colony -

1) 1 part Apple Cider Vinegar - 1 part hydrogen peroxide - 2 parts water solution, and 'PICKLE' their paws (when working with the solution, you will definitely understand the 'Pickled Paws' LOL) we have a flat bottomed bowl we use, and make Gizmo stand and soak each paw - spreading the toes, and massaging to make sure the solution soaks the paw - I make ups about 4 cups of the solution at a time, and you can use it multiple times before discarding.

Pickle the paws 2 times a day to get it under control, then treat as necessary, if you start smelling the corn chip odor.

2) clean all bedding - in the washer - Gizmo's problem kept coming back, well she would be in her kennel, licking her paws -

Yeast needs WARM MOISTURE to multiple - keep them paws dry - and pickling them, she tends not to lick them as much!

Wayne Sorensen

Jan 18, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
This is what i'm dealing with right now. Extremely painful to her. She won't let me touch them Bacon. 004.jpg005.jpg

jimmyjj

agingermom's minion and cabana boy
Community Veteran
Sep 16, 2012
A Scottish guy living in England
Country
Scotland .
Bulldog(s) Names
diesel - paisley & nula
My poor Staffordshire bull terrier had something like this for nearly 14 years of her sweet life.
We tried everything inc changing her diet several times but to no avail.
The vets gave us a solution that we rubbed in to ease the itchiness, it worked but she was never cured.
Hope you have better luck.

Jj

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
WOW I'd get to the VET, if that is a Yeast issue, its REALLY bad.... Gizmo never had the bald spots on top of her paws like Bella has

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Thanks for the recipe...I will keep handy.

Good Day~

ModernFemme

Arts'y bulldog farts'y
Community Veteran
Oct 5, 2012
Delaware
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Remington (Remi)

[MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION], ew. Seriously, this post title made me gag a little. :crazy:

(Also putting this in my arsenal of things, the bulldog toolbox)

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm not sure how it would be for a tail pocket, as you want to keep that area DRY DRY DRY. with the Pickling of the Paw, it kills the yeast and the paws dry by themselves.. Does the tail pocket become Yeasty? Infected yes, but Yeasty? I guess if you put your nose there and it smells like fritoes and not Roses, then that is your answer! LOL

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
[MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] Brie is having some allergy issues going on...she has been licking her paws and the top fur area is a little discolored, I'm guessing as a result of that? No corn chip smell as of yet tho, and she is currently taking Benadryl and prednisone (the itches we think caused her to rub her right eye giving her an ulcer). Will using your wonderful concoction help if there is no yeast there? I started wiping her feet with warm water n acv on washcloth last nite.

OP
RaRett

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

I honesty do not know if it would help, I don't think it can hurt, just being ACV Peroxide and waterI.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk now Free

Tbearlion

Dec 15, 2013
Los Angeles
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Marley

I'm trying the pickled paws in Marley this weekend. Her paws are red and she licks constantly. Hopefully that will help with a sore she's getting on her lip from either licking too much or biting it, we're not sure yet. Thanks for the recipe!

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Sometimes the corn chip smell comes from ..well...corn chips.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    233 KB · Views: 277

ebulldoglover

Jul 13, 2013
Vermont
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Fiona
For the paws I make a solution of Hibicleans, a chlorhexadine surgical scrub and water in tall yogurt containers put the dog in the tub put the feet in the containers and soak for 10 minutes 2x a day. Dry well after and wipe under and up into the foot pads and webbing with plain chlorhexadine. This works really well for both yeast and inter digital cysts. For the tail pocket stridedex pads. The salycitic acid cleans and keeps things dry

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.