General Question Which cleaner wipe for reddening skin folds?

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Herman has started getting reddish coloring near his nose where it runs or he gets water in and around his mouth. He also still has tear stains and the red fur between his toes. There are also a few scabs on his chin that dont seem to be going away from acne/rubbing on the rug when eating his antlers. They are dry now, but dont seem to be smoothing out. One was bleeding a couple of weeks ago but its healed, just a big scab is left. I've used duoxo pads but this doesnt seem to be helping much - all they manage to do is cause a fight between me and Herman LOL I stopped all chew toys to help dry up the area.

Would the malaket wips help with all this or do I need to use a combo to try to clear up everything?

Also looks like he has some scar tissue or something for his interdigital cyst - or maybe the hair just isnt growing back on it. It just remains puffy and bald looking (its not red or infected). Does anyone know how to help return it to normal?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
well the puffiness between the toes is allergies I believe. Miila has had that on and off since we got her. She too gets the interdigital cysts but even when not, she tends to have that puffiness. When we first got her it was really bad. Now her paws are MUCH beter but I do see it flare up depending on how much she is itching so you may wanna try a diff food. The staining doesnt wash off in the folds if that is what you are referring to. Red in the folds like irritation or red like staining? Some people figure out what food works for their babies to not have stains and some never do. If there are beets in the food you feed or treats that can cause staining. Cutty had stains for years and since being on fromm they are gone thankfully.

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
well the puffiness between the toes is allergies I believe. Miila has had that on and off since we got her. She too gets the interdigital cysts but even when not, she tends to have that puffiness. When we first got her it was really bad. Now her paws are MUCH beter but I do see it flare up depending on how much she is itching so you may wanna try a diff food. The staining doesnt wash off in the folds if that is what you are referring to. Red in the folds like irritation or red like staining? Some people figure out what food works for their babies to not have stains and some never do. If there are beets in the food you feed or treats that can cause staining. Cutty had stains for years and since being on fromm they are gone thankfully.

Thanks! I just switched Herman to his new food and all other allergy symptoms seem to have disappeared, so maybe the puffy thing will disappear too in time. It does seem to be growing some hair back when it had been bald for weeks. He's got a twin forming in the same spot on the other foot.

The red fur I'm talking about is between his toes, on the bottom of his feet and in the folds that get wet - its in all the areas that get wet. Sorry, I meant red fur stains :) No beets in food or treats. I've been using the duoxo pads to keep them clean, but I'm not sure if that's the best thing since its not irritated or anything as far as I can tell.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
There is two products I would recommend, however I would not use them all the time, just for serious issues. They both work great, but don't use for daily maintenance, just until you get it under control.

Panalog and Malacetic Ultra

You may want to try a new food with similar ingredients since it has helped with the allergies but maybe a different brand will help alleviate even more issues.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
For the irritated facial wrinkles I love neo-predef powder. I have to admit if Samson wasn't so cooperative it wouldn't be so easy to use it but for us it works wonders on his wrinkles and when his paws get all irritated from him licking them.

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
the red paws may indicate he's allergic to your grass. That's what did it to Zelda.

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
For the irritated facial wrinkles I love neo-predef powder. I have to admit if Samson wasn't so cooperative it wouldn't be so easy to use it but for us it works wonders on his wrinkles and when his paws get all irritated from him licking them.

Thanks for the suggestion - I know Herman will not be cooperative by any means! Ive recently attempted to apply Gold Bond to his butt.... there was powder everywhere except his butt. LOL

Is this a drying powder to help keep the moist areas (like facial folds dry)?

loveabully

Community Veteran
Jul 20, 2012
california
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Franklin AKA Frank the Tank
:butterfly: I just use baby wipes with ACV sprayed on them just to use daily but his stains aren't going way but its not irritated or any thing I just haven't found the food yet an I haven't really tried to get really rid of it yet It's to close to his eyes good luck

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Thanks for the suggestion - I know Herman will not be cooperative by any means! Ive recently attempted to apply Gold Bond to his butt.... there was powder everywhere except his butt. LOL

Is this a drying powder to help keep the moist areas (like facial folds dry)?

I'm not sure if it is considered a drying powder but it helps keeps areas dry like another powder would I assume. This is a description:

*Neo-Predef with Tetracaine is an antibacterial powder medication used to treat certain ear and skin infections or conditions.
* Antibacterial powder with anti-inflammatory and soothing anesthetic effects
* Used for skin and ear infections, including acute otitis externa, acute moist dermatitis and inter-digital dermatitis
* Adheres well to moist surfaces

Gunny B

Jul 19, 2012
Marysville, Wa
Bulldog(s) Names
Gunny Beaufort & Denali (Boxer)
I got one of those mustard/ketchup bottles that you can fill with the long skinny top, filled that with the powder. Much easier application.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.