Help Needed! Cone?

Momma2Bullies

Aug 2, 2012
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Layla and Wilbur
Hey, not to worry! I was an absolute wreck the day my boy and girl got their spay/neuter. As others have told you, they can't really reach their parts so there was no need for a cone. My concern was if the other one would be able to reach (they are always licking each other). When I brought them home from the vet (it was day surgery, so they were home the same night), they were groggy and just slept. My vet advised that they had been given 24 hours of pain meds (injection) while they were under. My male didn't even seem to know he had anything done - he was literally walking around the next day. With my female it was all good, but about a week or so later she got a wee infection in her incision and so she got antibiotics (she was impossible to keep still, and jumped off the couch one night (my fault)... sure enough, 3 days later she had infection. I guess she had stretched/torn her incision just enough).

Since then I have lived through knee surgery on my male, and the spay/neuter was nothing compared to that.

I honestly know your worry - we will be thinking of you! :)

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
It was a technician I spoke with due to certain circumstances (being currently on disablity) I went through the low cost spay neuter program. Please don't judge me,it's just what We decided since I felt we needed to get it done now due to raging hormones.i did ask and they use isoflurane and was told they take extra precautions w English bulldogs and they get extra care due to their breed. I'm already a nervous wreck and he's due for pick up at 3pm. Anyone get pain meds after their dogs surgery?

I don't judge you at all. I go to a clinic in Tallahassee like that and they were fantastic with Herschel. The vet gave me his personal cell number if i had any problems that night. I know the bulldog vet so I can always go there but this clinic does so much for rescue and Herschel adores the staff. Of course if he ever has something major I would consult the other vet. When he was neutered they knew all the risks and discussed every option. I sometimes feel that vets that work in clinics like that are even more passionate about what they do.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

Danielle

May 2, 2012
Quincy, Florida, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Herschel and Fiona
Well I just called my regular vet and they said if the other dr doesn't give him any pain meds. That they will prescribe tank some. I don't want my baby to hurt! :(

I didn't get the pain meds for Herschel. I had the option of them calling in the script if he seemed like he was in pain after what they gave him at the office wore off. Herschel never acted any different after sleeping a lot that night so it was okay.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.