Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eye problem ? blinking

Bully Bootie Duty
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Default Eye problem ? blinking

Hello everyone. I already have to take Buddy to the vet tomorrow for a scrape to see why he has a mark or 2 on his forehead as well as itching but I just noticed when he was in the kitchen. looking at me. I was talking to him and his right eye looked half closed and then in the living room. I called his name and again it looked somewhat more closed than his other eye and it was blinking slightly like it was irritated or something. Anyone ever had an eye problem like this? Thanks Hero

Dog Groomer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Eye problem ? blinking

Wash it out and see if it helps. He could have something in it.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Dublin does that with both eyes when her allergies are bad. Unfortunately they are bad all the time.....

Bully Bootie Duty
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Wow. I hope it isn't allergy problems now. I swear I have had more problems with this puppy ! I love him to death but my god. I knew ebd's were prone to a few health issues but gheesh. O well I have to take him to the vet tomorrow already so. I was hoping it might be an eye lash or something minimal like that but wow I hope he doesn't have allergy problems now, Come to think of it almost every time I take him outside he sneeze's a few times. I just always say bless you and never really thought much about it. Thanks for the input everyone. Hero

Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Hero4u2b View Post
    Wow. I hope it isn't allergy problems now. I swear I have had more problems with this puppy ! I love him to death but my god. I knew ebd's were prone to a few health issues but gheesh. O well I have to take him to the vet tomorrow already so. I was hoping it might be an eye lash or something minimal like that but wow I hope he doesn't have allergy problems now, Come to think of it almost every time I take him outside he sneeze's a few times. I just always say bless you and never really thought much about it. Thanks for the input everyone. Hero

Well dont' "panic" and take him to the vet tomorrow. I see you live in Florida also. I'm on the west coast. This seems to be the land of allergies. you can give him a bendedryl and see if the blinking stops. It's 25mg tab for every 25lb of dog... Dublin "lives" on the them. what other issues have you had? Our Dublin came from a breeder in Dade Co.

Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)

Hello everyone. I already have to take Buddy to the vet tomorrow for a scrape to see why he has a mark or 2 on his forehead as well as itching but I just noticed when he was in the kitchen. looking at me. I was talking to him and his right eye looked half closed and then in the living room. I called his name and again it looked somewhat more closed than his other eye and it was blinking slightly like it was irritated or something. Anyone ever had an eye problem like this? Thanks Hero
    The last time Bo blinked like this, he had a scratch on his eye. He got into something while we were out of town and he was with our dog sitter... Since you are taking baby to the vet tomorrow, they will be able to check it out for you... Hopefully its not a scratch and just something minimal. Bo's turned into a corneal ulcer bc of his entropion.
    ~Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about Bulldogs.

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

If he is squinting it is likely he has an eye scratch or ulcer. They are very painful . Give him a kiss an tell him the vet will do a dye test to see if it is hopefully just a scratch. Also have the vet check his lashes and make sure they are not rubbing his cornea. Do his lower lids look puffy underneath, and if so you can probably tell if they are swollen enough to turn the lids inward to cause his under eye fur to rub. He probably won't want you to go near his eye right now tho....

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Bully Bootie Duty
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone and to Dubbiedog. no Buddy came from a breeder in Missouri but I think I know which breeder you are talking about in Miami. ( he has lots of videos on you tube right? ) I checked him out but was weary then my older brother was in a store and the manager had his bulldog walking around the store with the store logos t shirt on. I ended up calling the man who purchased 2 ebd's from a breeder in Missouri. checked them out and ended up purchasing Buddy from them. If I had it to do over again I would have went with a breeder who was a member of the BCA and had a few merit awards for breeder of the year ect but It is too late now. I love my puppy but ear infections. Parvo ( after being fully vacanated) skin problems. now this eye thing. Crazy... Thanks everyone. Hero

Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

Thanks everyone and to Dubbiedog. no Buddy came from a breeder in Missouri but I think I know which breeder you are talking about in Miami. ( he has lots of videos on you tube right? ) I checked him out but was weary then my older brother was in a store and the manager had his bulldog walking around the store with the store logos t shirt on. I ended up calling the man who purchased 2 ebd's from a breeder in Missouri. checked them out and ended up purchasing Buddy from them. If I had it to do over again I would have went with a breeder who was a member of the BCA and had a few merit awards for breeder of the year ect but It is too late now. I love my puppy but ear infections. Parvo ( after being fully vacanated) skin problems. now this eye thing. Crazy... Thanks everyone. Hero
    HI there, first saw your post on Demodex. did you ever figure out the eye thing? My breeder was actually a woman and had many references and a great website. I did a ton of research and loved her bullies. her "big thing" was breeding for looks and temperment" I got both of those in spades with Dublin but the health issues are so often put on the back burner for the "looks" It was a rough two years but now other than he allergies she is in great shape ( touch wood)

Bully Bootie Duty
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Buddy
    Likes (Received)

No she said it could be many things but for now (and it wasn't bothering him or noticable at the vets today) just wait.. we were more focused on the mange thing. It is one thing after another with this puppy. Like I said I love him to death but sooo many problems.. I am glad I have insurance for him but ofcourse the exam fees are not covered and it seems like I am always at the vets!!!. If you are on the other coast of Florida I have heard of a great vet in Sarasota ( Dr Koch ) although Florida is big so.. you could be any where. Here I am at the mercy of a vet who is a frenchie breeder who a woman breeder over in Land of Lakes met at a show. Hero

Real Name
    Ann
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dublin
    Likes (Received)

No she said it could be many things but for now (and it wasn't bothering him or noticable at the vets today) just wait.. we were more focused on the mange thing. It is one thing after another with this puppy. Like I said I love him to death but sooo many problems.. I am glad I have insurance for him but ofcourse the exam fees are not covered and it seems like I am always at the vets!!!. If you are on the other coast of Florida I have heard of a great vet in Sarasota ( Dr Koch ) although Florida is big so.. you could be any where. Here I am at the mercy of a vet who is a frenchie breeder who a woman breeder over in Land of Lakes met at a show. Hero
    Well just keep watch on the eye and if the vet didn't notice anything it could be just do to some allergen. Ha! Dr. Koch is our vet. He doesn't have any English bullies in his "pack" anymore but does have this Frenchie that he brings to work with him who is deaf. A big boy for a frenchie. I think your vet should be doing okay by you so don't worry too much about that. I started Dublin on a probiotic that Dr. Koch recommended quite some time ago and I really think it has helped with some issues of her immune system. He takes it himself and I do too...

Bully lovin' gypsy Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Herman
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Hero4u2b also check those whiskers on the side of his face, they grow long and curl forward into his eyes. I always check Herman's and cut them when they get too long. There are a couple that grow out on the side of the face by the cheeks, and then some "eyebrows" that curve down into the eye as well. That is something you can check now in case they are too long.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads